Hogsmeade

It had been two weeks since the Gryffindor/ Slytherin win and things between me and Wood were kind of weird. We had talked a bunch, and flirted a bunch, but our relationship was kind of at a standstill. We only flirted when we were alone, but if Katie or the twins came around, he treated me like he used to. Like I was only his team mate. Maybe he didn't feel the way I thought he felt, but who knows. 

Today was the day that the staff was allowing all the fifth years to go to Hogsmeade, and the air was just filled with excitement. I had rolled out of bed at 7:00, then went to practice and actually got there on time, which was a rare occurrence. We practiced for about an hour, doing some drills and playing matches against each other. The team then went to breakfast, where we devoured about everything that laid on the table, we were absolutely starving. Katie and I left breakfast early to go get ready for the day and take some well-needed showers. 

We showered, not in the bathroom with Moaning Myrtle of course, and got dressed, me in a Puddlemere United sweater and skinny jeans and Katie in her Gryffindor sweater and skinny jeans as well. I put on a little bit of makeup, some eyeliner, mascara, and powder, and brushed out my pin-straight hair. I decided to leave my hair down, since it was the end of October and it was already starting to get chilly. I braided my long bangs back and pinned it back, and when I looked in the mirror, I was happy with what I saw. I'm certainly not the prettiest girl at Hogwarts, but I'm certainly not the most unattractive. Katie finished up her own hair and makeup and we both grabbed our money so we could do a little shopping. We then linked arms and began walking to the courtyard, when everyone was waiting to leave. 

"It's about time! We've been waiting for ages for you blokes!" Fred called over to us from the center of the courtyard. He was with George and Oliver, and Katie and I walked over to them laughing. 

"Well excuse us, stop complaining and let's go!" I said, giving George a gentle push in the direction of Hogsmeade. Everyone laughed at that and I smiled, linking arms with Katie once again as our little group of five proceeded to walk to Hogsmeade.

"Mags, your eyes look quite blue today, I think the blue in your sweater brings it out," Wood said, somewhat awkwardly. It seemed as if his tongue was stumbling over his words, but it was actually kind of sweet. I laughed nervously.

"Oh...um, thank you," I said, noticing Fred and George laughing at us out of the corner of my eye. I shot them a look and they continued laughing, but not as hard as before. 

It took us about 10 minutes to walk to Hogsmeade from the castle, normally it takes about 5 or 6, but we were all walking so slow because we were joking around. It was about 9:30 in the morning, and Professor Dumbledore told everyone to be back by dinner, which was served at 8:00 in the evening.

"Where to?" I asked, looking around at the glorious little "village" of Honeydukes. This was one of my most favorite places, next to Hogwarts. It just had such a happy, home like feeling to it, and everyone was happy there. 

"Mmmmm, how about Honeydukes?" I said, imagining all of the beautiful sweets that lay inside the store. Chocolate frogs are my all time favorite, but I would of course buy an assortment of chocolate frogs, every flavor beans, and any other sweet thing I could get my hands on. Everyone nodded their heads and I grabbed Fred's hand (in a friendly way, of course), and started running to Honeydukes, dragging him with me. When we walked through the door, my nostrils were overwhelmed with the symphony of different, mouth watering smells. I could smell the fresh chocolate of the chocolate frogs and the sweet smell of the Fizzing Whizbees. I smiled as soon as I entered the store and I started running around the store in search for any candy I could get my hands on. I could hear everyone laughing at me, but that didn't affect my behavior at all.