So Close

The weeks leading up to the wedding flew by in a tangle of taffeta, tulle, cake flavors, flower colors, and many, many dress alterations. I was barely two months along, and the small bump nestled between my hipbones had been affectionately named 'Baby Bludger', who was barely big enough to even make a difference in the way my shirts fit me. Before I knew it, the night before the wedding was upon us and Fleur and I were shuffling to get everything we'd need for the day of the wedding out of Lake Shore and into the Burrow, where I and the rest of the bridesmaids would be getting ready since Oliver and I couldn't see each other until we got up on the alter. 

"Dress?"

"Check," I answered, plopping my wedding dress (in the non see through bag of course) onto the bed along with the other bridesmaid's dresses, shoes, the veil, jewelry, hair curlers, flat iron, makeup, and who knows what else. 

"Fleur, you mind taking this all back to the Burrow and just dropping it in Fred and George's room? I think me and you are staying in there, since all the guys are sleeping over here."

"Alright, you should probably shower over here too, I'm sure the showers at the Burrow will be full in no time at all."

"Alright, I'll be back in maybe twenty minutes," I answered, walking her out into the living room and watching as she apparated back to the Burrow. I began walking into the bathroom in my bedroom when I heard the front door unlock, so I peered down the little hallway to see Oliver, Fred, Bill, and George walk in. 

"What are you still doing here, I thought you guys were at the Burrow?" George asked.

"I was going to take a shower," I answered, smiling as Oliver walked over to me and wrapped me up in his arms. "Besides, it's not even 4 o' clock yet, Mrs. Weasley said we can't see each other starting after dinner. "Baby, you need a haircut, you're looking shaggy," I whispered, running my fingers through Oliver's hair, which had been a little too long for my taste for a while. 

"I know, I was going to ask you to cut it, since you're the only one who knows how to do it like we both like," he answered. 

"Fred, George, Bill, you lot look shaggy as well, shame. Bill, go get Fleur to come over and help me cut all your hair, I'll be in the shower," I said, kissing Oliver's cheek before walking into the bathroom and locking the door behind me. 

-----

Once I had gotten out of the shower, put on some makeup, and slid into one of Oliver's half zips and a pair of my own athletic leggings and some running shoes, I walked out into the living room to see Bill sitting on a chair, getting his hair trimmed by Fleur. Oliver was in one of the showers upstairs, so I grabbed a pair of scissors and looked over at the twins. 

"Which of you brave souls would like to go first?" I asked jokingly, laughing as they exchanged a nervous look before George pushed a brave look onto his face and stood up, sitting down in the chair that was next to me. 

"Don't screw this up, I don't care if it's the day before your wedding, I'll kick your ass," George teased as I began snipping at the fiery orange locks of hair. 

"Imagine that," I joked. "You always say things like that, 'Maggie, I'm going kick your ass', 'I'll throw you in the lake', 'I'll sit on you', but I think the only thing you've ever done to me is sit on my stomach that one Christmas," I teased, pinching his cheek with my free hand.

"He's too scared you could beat him up instead of the other way around," Fred added in just as I finished up with George.

"C'mon, Freddie," I called over to him as I vanished all the little chunks of George's hair that I had cut off with my wand. 

"Don't do mine as short," he instructed as he sat down in the chair in front of me. 

"Don't tell me what to do."

"I'm older, respect me."

"By barely a month, shut up," I huffed jokingly as I continued snipping away at his hair. "How's this?" I asked, handing him a mirror and watching as he inspected his barely affected hair. 

"Perfect," he agreed, handing me the mirror back as he stood up and sat down on the couch. 

"Can you believe your wedding's tomorrow?" Fleur asked as she finished up with Bill's hair. 

"No, it's insane. I can't wait, though," I answered as I vanished all the orange locks that decorated the floor from Fred and George. I heard Oliver's footsteps coming down the stairs right as I was going to move the chair back to the table, so I stopped and pushed the chair back to where it was. 

"Hey," he whispered to me as he sat down in the chair, smiling up at me. 

"Hey," I answered, grabbing the scissors from the table and turning back to face him. 

"You feeling alright? How's Baby Bludger?" He asked before pressing a sweet kiss to my stomach.

"I'm okay right now, there was a morning sickness episode this morning after you left. And afternoon sickness a few hours ago, but I'm alright," I explained as I began cutting his hair. 

"No kicking yet?"

"Babe, I'm only about 8 weeks along, the doctor said that the earliest he's ever heard of kicking was 13 weeks. It'll probably be longer than that for us, with this being our first baby and all."

"Yeah, I know. 8 weeks already? Time's flying by."

"Crazy, huh?" I answered, laughing a little. "I read that pregnancy book you had gotten me a few weeks ago, our sweet baby's about the size of a raspberry right now. Currently, he has a nose, eyelids, and lips, and here's a kicker, now forming his privates." I explained.

"He? You think it's a boy?" Oliver asked, and without looking down at him, I could practically feel him smiling at me. 

"Yes, I can feel it's a boy; call it mother's intuition," I answered quite matter-of-factly. "Also, if you'd want to know, my uterus is about the size of an orange."

"How...pleasant."

"You're the one who impregnated me, you get to stick around and listen to me chatter about my uterus," I teased, leaning down and kissing him quickly. 

"You're so pretty," he mumbled absentmindedly as he placed his hands on my stomach, causing me to blush slightly. 

"You're too kind," I admitted sheepishly. I had gotten used to his little compliments, but now, it was almost as if I was just the girl with the schoolyard crush and I blushed at practically everything. Damn pregnancy hormones. 

"It's very true," he added, his hands resting at my hips. 

"We should begin discussing baby names soon, don't you think?" I asked, trying to push out of the awkward conversation we had gotten ourselves into.

"We should indeed," he answered, his hands returning back to the sides of my small stomach.

"I'd like to name him William, after my father. I don't care whether it's his first or middle name," I explained, smiling when Oliver leaned in and pressed a few kisses to my stomach.

"I love that name," he agreed, smiling up at me. "What about John, after my father?"

"John William Wood? William John Wood?" I asked.

"John William Wood," we both agreed at the same time, causing me to smile over at him and press a kiss to his lips.

"You're all done, my dear. I love you," I whispered as I helped him up from his chair and hugged him tightly. "I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

"I can't wait."