Chapter 34

~Amelia's POV~

I stared at the text once again. My mind was blank. Maybe I shouldn't have yelled at him. I couldn't believe it. He thinks I don't trust him. All because I didn't want him to drop everything.

Hidden in the toilet cubicle, I pulled out my blade again. My arms were decorated with cuts, some deeper than others. I let the pain flow, like the blood flowing from the cut I just made. My mind was clouded with thoughts about Nathan.

He never loved you. Who could? He doesn't even believe that you trust him.

I let out a small sob as I deepened the cut, really feeling the burn now. I couldn't take this much longer. How long before I cracked? Before I started going insane?

I made my way back to Reed's ward, sitting back on the couch the nurses were kind enough to let me have. Tears were streaming silently down my face. My life was a mess right now. My older brother's in a coma, my boyfriend just broke up with me because I 'didn't trust him' and my best friend, the poor girl is going through hell right now. I too, am going through hell and back, but that wasn't important. I needed to stay strong. For Reed, and Amy.

-A week later-

Reed's awake! He's finally awake! And he's scolding me. Like, right now.

"Amelia, how much did you sleep this time while I was out?" He asked, stern. I shrugged. Not much. Every night I cut instead of sleep, especially since Nathan and I broke up or... Took a break.

"How much did you eat," he narrowed his eyes. I thought about it, and just decided to lie to him. It's much easier to lie than get lectured.

"I ate, Reed. May have skipped a few meals here and there, but I'm fine," I reassured him, lying through my teeth. He seemed to buy it.

"Okay then... So, you're going back tonight?" He asked. I nodded. As much as I hated to, it was my job.

"Yeah... My flight's in about five hours. You take care of Amy, yeah?" I said sternly. He nodded. Amy was slowly getting better now that Reed was awake. I had gotten a phone call, the lads were now only doing radio interviews in Britain. So I was flying to Cork, Ireland. The lads all knew, about Reed, about Nathan and I. I was getting more hate now that everyone knew.

My arms were more cut up than ever. I was much thinner too, lucky Reed never noticed. My clothes were baggy on me. My eyes had huge bags under them. My always felt weak, but covered it up with a smile.

"Okay then... I'll miss you kiddo. After Christmas, I'm having a huge New Year party at my place. You're all invited, the lads too," he said. I nodded numbly, hugging him.

-At The Wanted's hotel-

I stepped, exhausted, in front of what I was hoping was Jayne's room. She had only told me the numbers of the rooms they were all staying in, and I hoped this was Jayne's one. She always picked the last room, right?

I was feeling especially weak now, as a turbulence had hit the plane really badly and my motion sickness, as well as an empty stomach and exhausted body, did not react well. I struggled to keep my line of vision straight as I approached one of the doors. Room 143. This was one of the rooms, I guess. I needed water badly. I knocked, breathing heavily, leaning my forehead against the wall beside the door. I didn't even recognise the person who opened it.

"Amelia! Amelia? Amelia, are you okay?!" Oh, that was Max's voice. wrong room. My knees buckled as I finally succumbed to the darkness.

~Max's POV~

"Shit. Shit shit shit. TOM!" I yelled. He ran over, and saw Amelia crumpled on the floor like a leaf. Her face was pale, and to say she was skinny was an understatement. She looked like she hadn't eaten in days.