Chapter 1

• İtfaf edildi Elaine Teo

~Amelia's POV~

"Amelia, we need your help! I know it's your birthday and you took the day off and all, but you're the best and this is important!" Mrs Belle, or Daniella begged over the phone.

"Fine... What time do I need to be there?" It wasn't the first time I had been called on my day off to come back. After my course, I had been given a chance at a job. If I passed, I would be dispatched to London permanently. If not, I would just go back home without a job.

So far, I had been okay with my work. According to Daniella, I was one of the top few trainees who had a shot of getting dispatched to London. I missed Amy and Reed terribly, and we often Skyped and called each other. They were still going strong.

"Could you be down in, like 20 minutes?" she asked. I agreed and hung up. I quickly changed into a baggy grey shirt, tights and denim shorts. My disregard for my own fashion had increased ever since the argument last year.

I slipped on a pair of flats and rushed to down to the studio. I lived 5 minutes away, so punctuality was no problem. Daniella was there waiting.

"Oh thank God! This was a last minute decision and there was nobody else available. I'm so sorry we had to call you back. And happy birthday by the way," I thanked her and made my way to my station. It was a simple chair-and-mirror station. I asked who it was I was styling.

"You'll see! They're arriving in about 5 minutes, but they say one will be a little later than the rest. So just start setting up first. They're here for a photo shoot, and it is requested that they dress in semi casual," I nodded and immediately started prepping. They? More than one person?

Shit. I didn't have hair gel. I ran over to Skye's station. She said she had some stored in her cabinet... Aha! I grabbed a few bottles before running back to my station. Then me, being the clumsy goose I was, tripped over my own foot just as I arrived at my station. Thankfully a strong pair of arms caught me before I face planted the floor and embarrass

"Woah! You wanna be careful there, love," I know that voice...

"Tom?"

"Amelia? Amelia! It's so good to see you again! Are you our stylist?" The arms moved from mine to wrap my body in a hug. Before someone just had to interrupt.

"Gee, Tom, isn't Kelsey enough for ya? Amelia? Amelia!" I felt Jay's arms hug me. I chuckled. Max and Siva came in.

"Amelia? Wow, we haven't seen you in like, a year! I like your new hair," Siva commented, and I smiled. My deep chocolate coloured wavy hair had large curls hanging at the bottom and had lots more volume. That was all I changed though.

"Ah! Amelia, I see you've found your new dolls! You have an hour, and Brian wants to see them in the order: Max, Tom, Jay, Siva, Nathan then a group shot. They have to be in their natural personalities. Alright? This could be a big break for you, and you can have the rest of today as well as tomorrow off too. Chop chop!" I smiled and thanked her before dragging Max to the chair. Brian was the photographer.

We caught up on each others lives. The lads were here for two weeks before heading back to London. Once I was done with Max, I pushed him off and dragged Tom onto the chair. He laughed as I attempted to push him. Until I threatened to make him look like a clown. I had done it before, but I would always take it off and redo.

"Jay! Get on the damn chair NOW!" I yelled as he ran. I grabbed a needle and chased him, poking him until he sat on the chair.

"Ya know, I've missed this prankster! I don't miss the pranks, though. Just this little bundle of energy," Siva grabbed my makeup kit and dangled it over my head. Yeesh! I had work to do! I glared at him and he laughed, holding it higher. I turned my back to him and continued styling Jay's hair.