Chapter 4

~Amelia's POV~

"Mate, what took you?" I heard Max ask Tom and I peeked to watch them.

"A certain Ms Brown kept him busy... I loved how she woke him up this morning," was Siva's reply. Damn it Seev why'd you give me away? I heard the others asking Tom and Siva about me.Then I saw Nathan stiffen.

"What was she doing here? Is she still here?" Shit. Then all I heard was a punch and a groan. No, Tom! So much for revenge. I stepped out to see Nathan groaning on the floor clutching his nose.

"Thomas Anthony Parker, WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT NOT TOUCHING HIM! Jeez, he's got a broken nose. I'll deal with you later, Parker. Nathan move your hands. I need to see if I can shift your nose back," he refused to move his hands so I asked Max to help me. Max carefully peeled his hands from his nose. Thank God I learnt first aid. Oh dear God do not let me faint at the sight of blood again.

"Kay... This is gonna hurt Nath, but sucks for you, suck it up and be a man and I'll make Parker pay for it later," I told before I quickly shoved his nose back. His pained yell cut through me like a knife. I whispered apologies and grabbed some tissues to clean the blood up. He was still groaning in pain, and my whispered apologies fell on deaf ears.

"There. Max, or someone, get some ice on it, don't move it until I come back. I need to deal with something else first," I got up and dragged Tom away from the crowd.

"JESUS TOM WAS IT SO HARD TO CONTROL YOURSELF? All I asked of you was self-restraint! For God's sake you ruined my revenge! I will deal with this on my own. Now get your arse back there and apologise," I dragged him to where Nathan was now sat on a chair, holding a pack of ice to his nose. I gestured, and Tom mumbled an apology.

"What was that for, mate? Jeez, what did I do?" Nathan asked, and Tom made to punch him again but I pulled him back. I glared at Tom, warning him. Nathan looked confused, and I sighed.

"What did you do? Let's see... YOU PLAYED WITH AMELIA'S HEART BEFORE BLOODY BREAKING IT!"

"Tom. Thomas, stop it! Jeez, you're going to get high blood pressure if you don't control your temper. Whatever. I need to head back now. Thanks for letting me crash at your room, Tom. Nathan, you should be alright now, but get the pack on your nose for at least five minutes every two hours."

I started running, yes in my wedges, it wasn't hard when you get used to it. I heard Nathan calling after me and footsteps behind me, but I didn't bother turning back. I sped up a little, putting more distance in between us.

"Please Amelia! Listen!" I ran faster, and he sped up a little too. But before long the footsteps I heard were replaced by wheezing noises. Shit.

"Damn it Nath, you're not supposed to wear yourself out! You know your asthma doesn't allow you to strain yourself, you goofball!" I turned back to see him clutching his chest, curled up on the ground. Thank God no one was around. Shit. Where was his inhaler? I asked him and he shook his head. Crap. How could he forget his damn inhaler?

I dug around in my bag. I had an inhaler, due to my panic attacks. I pulled it out and helped him sit upright before puffing twice, which should be enough. His breathing became more even and deeper. His head lay on my shoulder, his eyes closed. I shook my head, why didn't he bring his inhaler?

"How come you have an inhaler?" he asked all of a sudden.

"Ever since I came here, I would get... Panic attacks sometimes. It's a little like your asthma attacks, but I'll get shortness of breath, as well as feel giddy and may or may not faint. Okay, now I've saved your arse, I gotta head home. Don't try to stop me, or... Well, you saw what happened to Siva. I'll talk to you sometime else," I muttered and he grabbed my wrist.

"Please. Let me explain," he whispered. I grew furious.

"Explain what? You played with me, then blatantly told the girl I wasn't there to catch you. Get off me, I need to go," I shook him off. I could feel another panic attack coming on, I seriously needed to calm down. Okay, Amelia, deep breaths. My head was spinning. I sat on a bench nearby and quickly pulled out my inhaler, puffed thrice, before taking deep breaths.

"Pull yourself together Amelia. You were never with Nathan anyway, he just needed... Company," I muttered to myself. I got up and grabbed a cab home. I called Daniella.

"Hey Daniella, I don't feel too well today. Is it alright if I have the day off?" I knew what her reaction was.

"Of course girl! You stay and rest, I'll just put it as your day off. You need anything, call me alright?" I thanked her and hung up.

One of the reasons I loved Daniella was that she was only a few years older than me, so she was more of a friend than a trainer. Whenever we had troubles we had each other to go to, like when she was too shy to talk to this guy she liked. She begged for me to talk to him and boom. Now they're a happy couple. Which made sick at times.

I heard a knock, and got up reluctantly. But I wasn't stupid. I opened slightly to see who it was. Of course. I shut it again.

"What do you want Sykes?"

"Please. Just hear me out. Amelia, it was a stupid mistake, alright! I didn't mean to-" I cut him off.

"Don't bloody tell me you didn't mean to! I heard what you said to her! Go away and just leave me alone alright? It's bad enough with the exams and the nightmares and crap going on in my life! Just leave me alone. I've managed to do that for a whole year, why can't you do it?" I sobbed, slumping into a ball against the door.

"Fine, but please, speak to me. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but just speak to me," he begged before I heard footsteps in the distance. I just sobbed into my knees for a while. I had spent a whole year missing this guy. Crying over him, wishing he was here. Many times I contemplated giving Nathan a call, but resisted when I saw the articles which showed his bubbly self. He seemed happy enough without me. So I didn't.

Okay, I seriously needed to stop being so depressed.

Author's Note: Yeah, quick chapter. yes, it is, once again, depressing. I need happier memories, don't I? Oh well... No ones reading, so I don't care! Whoopie... Thanks for those who did read!

~Sophia