Part eighteen

Mica's POV

"What was that about? Why did you stop me? Do you know what that creature was?" I was fuming. There was no reason I should have let him live. He should be dead. He threatened my mate. MY MATE! No one does that. I looked over to Lex as she looked out the window to the shed where that animal was kept.

"Did you even hear me?" I nearly yelled. She looked at me shocked.

"What drives them mad?"

"Where you even listening!" I questioned. She didn't get it. She could have been hurt. He could have hurt her!

"What drives them mad?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I walked over to her and slammed my hands down on the counter.

"You are not to go near him, is that understood?" She didn't seem to be phased by the fact that I just commanded her to not do something. She usually gets mad at me.

"Only if you tell me why they go mad." I couldn't believe her! She still wanted to know.

"If you want to know so bad why don't you ask someone else! And don't go near that monster! That is an order!" With that I stormed out of the house and walked towards the shed. Two of my men were outside of it guarding the entrance.

"Micheal, Tyler," I said as I nodded to both of them.

"The wolf has been silent sense he got put in here. I don't trust it." I looked at Micheal.

"The only reason he is here is because my mate decided that he should be alive. If he so much as mutters any nonsense that sounds like a threat towards myself or my mate he is to be disposed of immediately. Have I made myself clear?" I looked at both of them as I spoke, neither one looked me in the eye but both heard and listened to what I requested without fail.

"Yes Alpha," They said in unison. I needed to go for a run. I was angry and I knew that being around Lex wouldn't help one bit. Shedding my clothes I ran into the woods commanding Cody to keep an eye on my mate, and make sure that she doesn't go so much as ten feet from the shed. I don't get her sometimes. Why did she want to know so much about that monster? What was so fascinating about a rogue wolf that went mad?

Lex's POV

I walked down the hall to Ashliegh's library. She knew the most about all things wolf, so I thought that maybe she would know where these wolves came from, and what drove them mad. I knocked on the door and waited. I heard something fall over in the room and opened the door to Ashliegh  mumbling something under her breath as she picked up some scattered books.

"Having book problems?" I get down and start to help her put books back up and into the stack that I assume that they were in before the topple over. 

"Well, you would think that sense I am a werewolf, that I wouldn't drop things because I am strong enough to carry these things and I have extra strong senses, yet I still drop them all the time. Thank you Luna."

"You can call me Lex, I don't know why I have to be called Luna all the time. Mica isn't called Alpha all the time is he?" I asked as I  picked up the last book and read the title. 'History of Wolves: Pure Bloods, Half Bloods, and Black Wolves'. Seriously? 

"I know what you're thinking, and yes I knew you would come to me and ask me about the Black wolves. When the commotion started with the poor creature on the edge of the territory line." She set her books on the table closest to us and walked me over to two chairs with a table in the middle of them. "Would you like something to drink? Tea, hot Coco?" I shook my head.

"So what are black wolves?" Ashliegh smiled as she grabbed the book from my hands and opened it to a bookmarked place. 

"Black wolves use to be strong wolves, until one wolf decided to defy nature." I rolled my eyes.