Part five

Lex's POV

The next few days Mica let me sleep in his bed while he slept on the floor. I haven't slept on a bed in so long it feels so great not to sleep on the ground. If having a pack means I get a bed, this may not be a bad thing. 

'You also get a mate!' My wolf decided to chime in. I sighed and rolled over. I have been here for exactly four days, four nights and-counting today-five mornings. Everyday Mica tries to win me over even more so then before. He has given me gifts-which seemed pointless-also he has asked a lot of questions. When I say a lot, I mean I think I've talked more these past days then I have in my entire life. At least one thing is constant every morning.

I wake up and roll over and there is Mica, on the floor close to my bed. He seems so peaceful when he's asleep. Every morning like clockwork I roll over and he wakes up soon after I look at him. This morning though was a different story. I rolled over like I have for the past few mornings and he wasn't there. I sat up and looked around. Where was he? He didn't like it when I left his room without him knowing, so going on a search party was out of the question.

"Looking for something Lex?" I almost jumped at his voice. I held my chest as if I was holding my heart in place.

"Mica, Jeesh you scared the living daylights out of me! Where were you?" I asked before I realized how needy I sounded. He smiled as he sat at the end of the bed. All he was wearing was his favorite shorts. How do I know they’re his favorite? He won't let anyone touch them, even me. They must mean something to him, if he won't let his own mate touch them.

"I was downstairs in my office checking up on some things. Did you just wake up Le?" He has a tendency to call me Le or Lexi. I don't like either. My parents named me Lex for a reason, and I hated when others called me anything but that.

"I just woke up, and please don't call me that." He sat closer to me. I pulled my legs closer to myself.

"Sorry Lex, I didn't mean to." He said as he scooted closer and wrapped his arms around my body.

"Did you want to go get something to eat?" He said from behind me as my body leaned into his chest. Yes I said body. My brain still doesn't agree with my wolf and my heart.

"Make something here or at Missy's?" I asked as he rocked from side to side.

"Do you want me to try to cook you something?" I laughed when he asked. The last time he made something it came out burnt.

"I don't think we want to burn down the house. Missy's food sounds good." He chuckled and before I knew it we were standing on the cold floor. I groaned and made a face. I had forgotten I wasn't wearing socks in bed. Mica came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Cold floor?" He said into my ear. My wolf purred at our closeness and my brain for a first didn't tell me to back away or get out of his hold. I gasped quietly. Slowly and with shaking hands I placed my hands over his. I could almost see him smile into my shoulder.

"Is that trust?" Mica's voice said next to my ear. In all honesty I hadn't told Mica that sense my parents left I lost my trust. If my mind is letting my guard down does this mean I am learning to trust? He pulled me closer and I stiffened while gripping his hands. This closeness is all too familiar to a time after Michael’s death.

Three years ago

I sat next to his dead body. I was still crying. He was trying to tell me something, but it was only wasted breath. Now I was looking into his dead eyes. They were ever looking at me as I sat there rocking back and forth hoping he would heal, just like my father would whenever someone hurt him, but he wasn't going to. He was going to be dead forever, and the thought crossed my mind multiple times; that I could of stopped this from happening. I sniffled and stiffened when I smelled another wolf. Not a familiar smell, but a foreign smell and I looked up at the doorway. The wind blew the cent towards me from a tall dark stranger standing in the doorway.