part three

Mica's POV

"You understand now that you can't just run off if your mad right?" I asked as softly as I could. I was still a little angry at what she had done earlier.

"You need to understand that you can't just throw me in this room when you’re mad." I grant it I do deserve to get yelled at.

"You will learn your place, and when you do I won't have to throw you in here." I looked away and closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry Lex. Its just, you scared me earlier, by running off like that. My men will kill a rogue on sight. And you still smell like a rogue to anyone who hasn't met you yet. Please don't run off until..." I trailed off hoping she knew where I was going with this. I looked at her and she looked back at me shocked. Then she looked away.

"So basically I can't leave your side-"

"Or this room if you can't be with me."

"Okay what ever- until I trust you?" She sighed deeply and flopped back on the bed. I looked at her confused.

"What’s wrong with that?" She chuckled.

"Okay captain, I was raised to hate your kind. Do you expect me to trust you anytime soon?" 

"My kind?" She sighed and sat up on her elbows and glared at my question.

"Yes. Ruthless, controlling, overbearing alphas." I wasn't ruthless. Controlling well...somewhat, but overbearing was not me, but she didn't know that yet. I had to show her that I wasn't like that. I smiled and stood up holding out my hand.

"What?" She looked at my hand like it was a death sentence.

"I want to take you somewhere." She sat up and sighed taking my hand. I helped her sit up. This was going to be fun.

Lex's POV

He has been silent for the whole ride and I didn't like quiet. Quiet always meant something bad was going to happen.

Three years ago

I walked into the house. It was quiet and things were in a disarray. I heard a moan and rushed over to a body lying on the ground. It was Michael.

"Michael! Are you okay? What happened?" I held his head in my lap and his eyes fluttered open. He looked up at me with a gaze of distance. He had cuts all over his body. From his legs to his forehead. I was afraid for him.

"Now...you know...why...I hate...wolves." He coughed and continued.  

"I...try to...protect something...precious to ...a friend, and...They come to-" He coughs and as he does he turns his head only to cough out blood onto his floor.

"Who came? And for what?"

Present

"Lex, we're here." I look up and see a sign. Smiling I laugh.

"What?" by now I am gripping my stomach as Mica looks at me confused with a look of knowing.

"This has to be the most cliché place to take someone, you know that right?" The sign says 'Wolf Den Diner.'

"Yeah, I know. One of the older ladies in our pack owns and runs the place. But I have to say, no one makes food like Missy." He unbuckled and then unbuckled me, because apparently I hadn't. He smiles and opens his door to get out. I was about to open mine but He was there before I could open it. I look at his outstretched hand. Half of me said don't trust him, but the other half said he won't hurt you. I had learned never to trust. It was hard to trust anyone, and my mind said I need to trust your gut- 'cause that never fails right? Ha. I shake my head and take his hand.

"This still doesn't change anything, you know that, right?" He pulled me out of the car with a smile on his face. He didn't let go of my hand. I felt like I should, but then again his hand made me feel safe. Safer then I've ever felt before.

"How about we make this a challenge?" I smile at his idea as he opens the door.

"Hey there Mica. Um, table for two I guess?" An older lady with white long hair who looks like she is in her 40's asked with a smile that showed her true beauty. She's wearing a white apron with black jeans and a dirty white shirt.