part four

Mica's POV

Missy sent me back to my table where my food sat. I sighed and pushed it away. First she runs off, then she lets me give her a chance then she runs off again. What is she bipolar or something?

"Not hungry Alpha?" I looked up to see my beta standing right next to the table.

"Just frustrated that's all. Why are you here?"

"Food. What's making you frustrated?"

"Lex."

"Your mate?" I threw my hands up in the air.

"What? Can't a wolf and his mate not get along sometimes?" He laughed and sat down where Lex was sitting only minutes ago.

"Hey man. Just relax. She's not use to all of these rules we have. And plus, she has probably gone through as much as you have if not more." I looked at him with confusion.

"Why in the world would you say that?" He leaned back.

"She was alone."

"So?"

"So? So that means something happened to her parents, man. She probably watched her parents get killed by a pack, or worse she could of been no where near them when they died and then got told they were killed. Or maybe her parents just abandoned her. At least you have a pack that was able to watched you after your parents died." He had a point. I had my friends and family, she most likely didn't.

"Mica," I looked up to see Missy standing there next to me.

"Yes? Is she going to come out?"

"Maybe. But if you ask nicely maybe she'll let you in." I got up almost toppling Missy over. I steadied her and took large steps to the girls bathroom. I knocked once.

"You can come in Mica." Her voice made my heart jump. I turned the knob and I walked in. There she was, sitting cross-legged on the floor across from the door. I shut the door.

"Can we talk?" She looked up at me.

"I don't know. Can you not judge me?" I was about to counter her accusation, but thought against it.

"Look I just wanted to say...Look I'm really...What I mean to say is...Ah hell, Lex I'm sorry. I should of thought about what you've gone through, before I said what I did. I...can you...can I sit down?" I saw a smile play at the tips of her lips as she shook her head yes. I took two strides and sat down next to her. We sat like that for a couple of minutes. It was silent, but a good kind.

"Missy told me about your parents." She just looked blankly at the wall as she spoke.

"How much do you know?" I stared at the wall as well. This was still a touchy subject to talk about.

"Just that they were killed by rogues."

"Yup. Killed, slaughtered, murdered. Take your pick. They didn't deserve it. My father saw the good in everyone even...rogues. He gave them the benefit of the doubt, and they stabbed him in the back." I felt anger well up. I wish my father would of listened to his wolf. If he would of maybe he would still be alive. Maybe I wouldn't have killed so many rogues. Maybe I would of been happy when I found Lex.

'But we are happy.' 

'Yeah, not fully yet.' 

'I can change that.' 

'Hell no, I control you not the other way around. Besides I want her to trust me.' He growled and paced back and forth in my mind.

"So what happened to your parents?" I looked at her. She just looked away.