part twelve

Lex's POV

We sat outside the pack house waiting for Xavier. He was the x-hunter that had Mica on edge. I sighed as I thought of the past.

*Two years ago*

I saw him first. Well, at least I think I did. He was wearing a black jacket and dark blue jeans. He was reading a book that had no cover. I could smell death on him. My wolf told me to run, but I was fascinated with him, and why he smelled of wolves and death when he also smelled like a human. I looked away and at the food that I was going to steel. Then when I looked back up he wasn't there. his figure was stuck in my head. Black hair tussled everywhere, tall, lean and tan like he was outside all day everyday. I brushed it off and made my way out of the store and headed down the dark streets. No one ever bothered me though. Humans alway's walked around me, I guess after my wolf came out she seemed to scare them away, or something like that.

 I had been walking down the street when I passed an alleyway and someone pulled me down the alley. I tried to scream but they covered my mouth. I felt my body pinned to the wall in the dark alley. I used my good eye's to see it was that boy in the store earlier. he leaned in close.

"You know its not good to steel right?" He said in a almost cooing when he spoke. he held my mouth shut and I tried to pry his hands off of me, but to no avail. He was strong for a human.

"I am going to remove my hand from your mouth, if you scream I will just cover it again, maybe even gag you, understand?" He said with no jest in his eyes. I shook my head ready to scream, as he lifted his hand I took a deep breath and like lightning I felt him put something in my mouth and gag me. He grabbed both my hands and pinned them to my side. I felt my wolf surface as he looked me in the eye.

"Gosh, what's wrong with you? I told you not to scream. I don't want to hurt you, if you let me I can help you." I looked at him confused.

"Let me put it this way, I know what you are. In fact I know more about you then you know about yourself. I also know your parents. They sent me to help you." He let my hands go but kept his hands on the wall, pinning me to the wall still. I reached up and pulled at the gag taking it off and spitting whatever he put in my mouth at his head, hoping to distract him so I could run. He just moved his head and I watched the thing fall to the ground behind us.

"I probably deserved that. Sorry, I knew you would react like that with me. I mean any werewolf would if they smelled me."

"Who are you?" I said shyly looking at his lips too afraid to look at his eyes. They curled up into a sly smile. He took two large steps back and held out his hands like he was waiting for a hug.

"My name is Xavier Hunter Williams, from the Williams werewolf hunters, at your service." He took a slight bow and that's when I took my chance and ran. A werewolf hunter, oh boy!

*Present day*

I smiled. we had the weirdest introduction, and a great year together.

"Here he is Lex." I looked up and saw a black car pull up the drive and I smiled. I stood up and took a few steps towards the car before Mica let out a low growl. I sighed and turned to face him.

"Quit it, you're safe." Mica took his one step to reach me as the car stopped and turned off. Xavier stepped out and smiled at me as he slammed the door shut.

"One of these day's that door is going to break." I say to him as he walks closer.

"Then I'll just get a new car."