Part eight

Lex's POV

Mica left in a rush, like he wanted to get over what ever his Uncle Ian wanted to talk about. So I stayed with this Kaelynn girl. She was a younger girl, well at least around my age or maybe a year younger then me. She kept her eyes off of me as she looked at anything but me. I hated that fact of being a Luna. Everyone believes that is you look into the eyes of a Luna or Alpha you were trying to signal that you wanted their position. I never understood that part. I wanted someone to look me in the eye if I was talking to them. Oh well. I guess I'll have to make them understand that I don't think that's what it is. I didn't notice but I was walking towards the woods while I was thinking. The girl Kaelynn stopped and I looked at her.

"Luna, we shouldn't go wondering in the woods." She said as she looked at my feet. I rolled my eyes, and then realized that was pointless, she wouldn't see it anyway.

"I am not wondering around in the woods, I am walking with my guard. Come on kid, let’s go." She looked at me is surprise, and then her face went blank. She started to follow close behind me as I headed to the woods.

"Luna-"

"My name is Lex, so call me Lex."

"Okay, Luna Lex-"

"No, just Lex. No Luna, or Luna Lex. Just Lex." I heard her steps falter a little as she took in my words.

"I don't think I can do that. You are my Luna, I need to show you respect. We are supposed to call you Luna."

"I don't care about formalities. Just call me Lex."

"Fine. Lex, I don't think we should be out here alone."

"Who do you think should be with us then?" I asked as I stopped abruptly and turned to face the girl.

"And that is why Alpha chose her. Kaelynn is cautious, and that is why I followed." I looked to my left and saw a tall man who had power radiating off of him. He wasn't an alpha though. Maybe he was a beta. I wasn't quite sure. I never paid much attention to when Mica introduced people to me.

"Thank you Cody. Is E-Evan around?" She asked with a stutter. I looked at her and her face blushed when she said Evan.

"Sorry kid, Evans training some young wolves. Maybe next time." She sighed and I rolled my eyes.

"Who's Evan?" I asked as they looked back to me. Cody looked me in the eye.

"Oh, Evan is the Beta. Have you met him yet?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe, I don't remember."

"How do you not remember?" The girl Kaelynn asked. She finally looked me in the eye.

"Um, don't know. Just didn't care. Look I'm kind of new to this whole Luna, pack thing okay."

"Yes, we know. Don't worry you'll get use to it." I sighed and started to walk again.

"What if I don't want to get use to it?" I asked, though the fact that I now trusted Mica would keep me here was in the back of my mind.

"What do you mean? You don't want to be here?" I turned around and faced Cody. He gave me this look of confusion.

"No, what I mean is everyone expects me to want this, no one asked me if I wanted to be Luna. I have no choice on who my mate is, but-" I just sighed and turned around. We started walking in silence for a while and after a while we came to a clearing.

"Well, what do we have here?" Kaelynn and Cody stepped out and stood in front of me and a deep growl left Cody's mouth.

"Oh, child you're going to have to do better then that to scare me." The man that stood on the other end of the clearing was tall and dark skinned. His hair was disheveled and sticking up all over. I couldn't get a good look at him because of the bodies in front of me.