part nine

Mica’s POV

We lay there side by side. I was out of breath and so was she. She was perfect. There was no question that we were meant to be together for the rest of our lives. I sighed at the memory of the best night of my life. I felt her roll over and lay her head on my chest. I sighed again and smiled as I wrapped my arm around her little frame and held her to me. It was done. She was mine forever. Not only that, but I was hers forever and no one could take that away.

Avery's POV

I was in pain and lying on the floor. The cold, damp floor and wondered when he would just stop torturing me. My end had to be near and I hoped that my daughter was safe. I heard the door open up and I looked up dreading the fate that was coming. I looked up to see the man I saw yesterday, or was it earlier today that I saw him? He was different. My wolf didn't want to kill him; my wolf actually liked this man. The man knelt down next to me and fiddled with a copper key; a sound that I had been waiting for finally rung through my ears. The shackle that was around my neck came undone. With swift movements as my wolf regained her strength I pinned him against the nearest wall.

"What do you want?" I felt my wolf howl at me to let him go, but I didn't listen. She didn't understand what I was going though.

"I want to help you." He said weakly as I held his throat with my hands.

"Why would you want to help me?" I spat at him.

"Because my alpha's mate is your daughter." I dropped my hands to my sides as I looked at the man in surprise.

"Is this a trick?"  He shook his head vigorously as he looked at me. I glared at him and he held out is hand.

"Come on, lets get out of here." I took his hand as he led me down the hall.

"Where are all the guards?" I asked as I looked around the building. There must have been hundreds, but I didn't see any.

"Ha, he really had you fooled, didn't he? There were only two guards. How many did you expect?"

"More then that." I said as we passed two man passed out. My guess is still alive; this man helping me didn't seem like a man to kill someone. He quickly rushed me to a car and told me to get in the back and duck down. I did as he said and he drove off. Was I really free? Was I really going to see my daughter again? What about my mate?

All these questions were running though my head as my eyes gave way to a somber sleep. A deep sleep and a calming sleep, one I have been dyeing to get.

Lex's POV

I woke up with my head on Mica's bare chest. I looked up at him. He had one hand under his head and the other was wrapped around me. I sighed and remembered the night before. For some reason I was fearing it this whole time. I was scared about nothing. That was the best night of my life. I will always remember that night as the best night. 

'Until you have your first pup.' I heard a new voice in my head. I looked up to Mica. He looked down at me with a smile.

"How can you do that?" I asked sitting up.

"It's what happens after you fully mate. You can hear my thoughts too, well if they're as loud as yours were." He chuckled and I blushed barring my head in his chest again. He rubbed my bare arm and his touch sent tingles all throughout my body, more then before.

"It's okay baby." I felt him shift so his head was next to mine.

"That was the best night of my life too." He said into my ear. I looked up at him.