part two

Mica's POV

I walked down stairs and had Lex follow close behind. Marked or not Isaiah will flirt with her if I don't show him now that she is my mate. I would hate to kill my father's beta. Well wanted to be mine after my father died, but I didn't trust him. Standing in front of me was a man. Six foot five and skinny. He is strong don't get me wrong. This guy is like a monster when it comes to fighting. He was dark though. In both looks and personalities. I never liked him.

He had his hands resting on his hips and he looked behind me with a gleam of desire.

"Who's your little...friend?" I growled at his tone. He took a step back and held his hands up.

"If I didn't know any better I would guess she is your mate, but judging by her smell she's a- hold on she is your mate!" He looked at me surprised then he smiled. "Well the moon goddess must have a cruel sense of humor."

"Why are you back?" I said as annoyed as I could.

"Oh no reason, but it looks like the little alpha-" I growled. "Has found his mate. Lucky you found her first. I would of torn her to shreds." I heard a small gasp come from Lex.

"Well you didn't. Now tell me why you are here and not where I sent you." I asked annoyed by his presence all together. He sighed as if he was the one annoyed.

"You know as well as I do that they won't accept your proposal at all."

"They have to if they don't want to go to war." He looked at me with a devious smile.

"Would you really go to war?" He was getting on my nerves questioning my authority like this.

"Yes! And I have a good reason to. So unless they are willing to give up the man that killed my men, on MY territory I will go to war over this."

"You would fight them for one man?" I turned around to answer Lex.

"This pack is protecting a man who killed three of my men. I don't want to kill anyone, I hate killing and I don't want to, but he needs to pay for his deeds."

"And what would that be?" She asked almost as if she already knew the answer to her own question

"The families decide." I said almost hushed.

"And if they pick death?" She asked. I looked away.

"Its their choice. I honestly doubt they would pick death." I said with no feeling at all. I knew the choices that they would make.

"But if they did you would allow it?" She sounded disgusted. I looked her in the eye. She was getting annoying right now. She wasn't understanding what I was getting at.

"My pack is my family. I protect them and they protect each other. I guess you wouldn't know what that's like." As soon as I said that I knew I would regret it. Looking into her eyes I felt horrible. Her eyes filled with hate and anger.

"Just because I'm a rogue doesn't mean I don't know what family is!" She yelled at me and before I knew what was happening she had stormed off out of my house before I could reach her.

"Crap..." I said under my breath.

Lex POV

I ran. I ran to the woods. I always ran to the woods when I was upset. Even when I was with Michael.

3 Years ago

I fidgeted with my food. This week has been strange for me. Michael has sent me to my room whenever his friends come over. They aren't allowed to see me. Not that I want to see them, its just...well I feel like he's hiding me.