that night

~Levi~

The hard hand of Eren's father hits my face. The pain spread down through my body making my legs weak. My nose starts to bleed as I start falling over.

Eren catches me and sits me in a chair. "Run." I hear Eren tell his father. His voice is cold. Not the normal happy Eren I'm used to. I've never heard so much hatred in his voice. Then again, I haven't known him very long.

His dad seems bewildered so he says it again. "Run... don't come back. Nobody! Hurts the man I love!!" He screams.

Eren points towards the door.

"You have 5 seconds. Leave!" With that his dad leaves.

W-wait..the man he..l-loves?

That's all I remember before I pass out.

I wake up on the couch with an ice pack lightly placed on my cheek. A tissue being held under my nose. I groan as the pain spreads from my cheek down my body.

"L-Levi!! You're awake! How much do you remember?" He asks. "A-all I remember is being slapped then my legs gave out and I passed out." I lie. I don't think I was intended to hear the last thing Eren said to his dad.

He helps me sit up then he sits next to me. "Th-thanks you...for last night." "It's no problem Eren." I think this is one of the first times I've ever said his name instead of calling him 'brat'. The kid's been through too much.

"H-how can I repay you?" he asks. I put my hand on his cheek so he has to look at me. "Eren... all you can do is never stop smiling and being happy. Kay?" I say. He smiles and nods. I smile and ruffle his hair. "That's a good Eren." I say playfully making Eren laugh. I chuckle a bit. He has such a nice laugh.

"Ow," I suddenly remember my cheek and the throbbing pain.

Eren puts the ice pack back on my cheek gently so he doesn't add more pain.

I put my hand over his hand that's applying the ice pack to my cheek. His face starts turning pink. "Thank you Eren." I say with a smile. He smiles his cute Eren smile, it's even more cute now that he's blushing.

My stomach growls. And it growls rather loudly. Eren chuckles "I'll go make us something." he says. I smile gratefully. He goes to the kitchen.

I see it now, how could I not have before? He really does love me. That's what he was gonna say that night. He must've been too shy to say it. And he must really not want to say it after what happened with that pizza guy.

But it is a very sensitive topic...

Flash back

The kids surrounded me and one of my friends who was a guy in a circle. The laugh and point. Some are chanting 'kiss'. I shake as me and my friend are back to back. The biggest kid steps forward.

"What the matter Levi? You gonna save yourself and your boyfriend?." He taunts.

"H-he's not my boyfriend!!" I yell.

They all laugh as if I said a joke.

"Ya right! We're not falling for that! We know the truth!" He says sternly. "Now kiss!" The coward starts chanting.

Why won't they leave us be? He's not my boyfriend I say to myself.

Hanji pushes through the crowd. "Levi! Erwin! Come on! Your mom is calling for you two!" They all look at Hanji stunned. I know what she's trying to do. "Yes! Bother, mom will be wanting us." I say turning toward Erwin. He gets what we're doing and we walk away. I hear them whisper "brothers? I didn't know that..." it's a good thing Hanji, Erwin, and I are transferring schools this year. I don't want to deal with them for another year.

Reality.

"Levi?" Eren's voice snaps me to reality. He sits next to me and hands me one of the soups he was holding. "L-Levi..your eyes are tearing up..." he says. I wine my eyes. "Oh, sorry. I was just remembering my past." He nods. "I won't push you to say more." He tells me. I smile. "Thank you." We then eat our soup and watch some tv.