chapter 18

~Eren~

When school ends I sling my backpack over my shoulder and meet up with Levi at the entrance of the school.

Together we walk home. It stays very quiet between us, neither of us break the silence though. The only thing we do is hold hands, Levi rubs gentle circles around the back of my hand which makes me smile.

We get home and I unlock the door then put the key away.

Levi turns on the light and puts his work on the kitchen table. I put my stuff on the other side of the table.

We do our homework and help each other on Spanish.

When we finish it's late and dark outside. So I decide to make us some dinner.

I take out a pan and puts some vegetables on it and cook them until they turn a nice golden color.

I take out to plates and put them on the table. One on Levi's side and one on mine.

I then split the food between our two plates.

"Thanks." Levi says before he starts eating. "Anytime." I reply and start to eat as well.

After dinner we play some video games on my Xbox until I yawn and we both head up to bed.

Levi is pretty much living here now since his dad is never home anymore. He already borough some of his clothes and put it in my empty drawers.

We both change into our pjs and lay down in my bed. "Goodnight Eren." Levi says. "Good night Levi." I say in reply and let sleep overtake me.

Burning. All I smell is wood burning. I open my eyes. The smoke is thick and it's in my eyes, clouding my vision. I wave the smoke away and try walking forward.

I then recognize where I am.

My old school...

The titans burned it down. How am I here.

"H-hello?!" I yell hoping someone will hear me. 'A-anyone?!? S-some one?!?" I call. I see a figure come forward. "Yes help! Come on together we can get out of here!" I yell at them. They come closer. It's a girl, a blond headed girl. Red and white painted over her face to represent the bones and muscles of a human face. Sh-she's the colossal titan...the leader if the titans.

This must be a memory I'm re-having as a dream.

The colossal titan and gets closer. If this is a memory... I must be forgetting something.. why else would I make myself re-live this terrible memory?

She came closer a pocket knife in her hand. She pushes her blond hair but of her face but it falls back into her face.

W-wait...is that?

She pins me against a wall that's not on fire yet. "Now that you've seen me I can't let you live to tell anyone." She punches my face and knees me in the gut. I grunt in pain. My nice starts to bleed.

She cut my leg deeply with her knife. I cry out in pain and fall to the ground. She kicks me multiple times in the gut. I scream out in pain.

"Hey anyone in there?" A voice calls. A firefighter.

Thanks goodness.

The woman picks me up by my hair and looks me in the eye. That's when I notice it. It's Annie.

"We'll finish this later." She drops my head and walks away. I scream in pain as my head hits the ground. A man comes closer and shakes me. "Eren..Eren...Eren!" L-Levi?

I wake with a gasp, tears running down my face. Levi is looking me with worry in his eyes. "You were screaming in your sleep. So I decided to wake you. I was worried." He says. I hug him tightly hiding my head in his chest. I start crying and shaking terrified of my dream and that I meet her. Annie. In person.

Levi reassuringly rubs my back. "You okay?" He asks. I shake my head. "Nightmare?" I nod my head unable to speak. "What happened in it if you don't mind me asking."

Everything from my dream surrounds my head. I then feel a pain in my leg from the knife. I wince and pull the blanket off my and pull up my pajama leg revealing a white scar on my calf.

"E-Eren...what is th-that?" Levi ask gently running his finger over it. I wince as the slight pain I feel in my leg. "Oh, sorry." Levi says. "I-it's fine." I say. He cups my cheek. "Eren. What happened" he says gently.

I troll him my dream and the part about Annie. "I'm so sorry Eren. I-I had no idea." He says once I've finished talking. He hugs me and I hug him. "I'll be right next to you every time we see Annie, okay? I'll protect you." He says making me smile. "I love you." I say.

"I love you to."