chapter 20

thank you if you're still reading, my auto corrects are so annoying and I write like a 5 year old. I'm trying to make my writing better. Tell me how this chapter is :)

~Armin~

I open the door to my little apartment downtown. "Mom! I'm home!" I yell as I close the red door.

I walk into the kitchen which is right next to the living. I walk into the kitchen. I see the skinny figure if my mum "Hi hun, school good?" she asks. I nod "Good, I ordered Japanese food tonight, it'll be here in a hour and thirty minutes at least. So go get your homework done my start pants." I smile and walk down our narrow hallway to my room. I push open my door with a squeak. My room is a complete mess, clothes all over my floor and hanging on my wooden bed frame, my blanket barely hanging onto my bed, books everywhere, and posters falling off my walls.

I jump on my bed and start my homework.

An hour and twenty-five minutes later I finish and put everything into my bag. I reach under my bag and grab a big book. I opens to a random page, Africa. I put my hand on the page and close my eyes letting my imagination take over every sense.

The warm air surrounds my body, filling me with warmth. Giraffes and elephants towering over me, a cheetah running at full speed to catch a baby bison that is no match for it, vultures soaring over waiting for the cheetah to catch its fool for them, and lions camouflaged into the golden tall grass of Africa. Amazing. This is where I belong, in the outside world, not in this cramped little town. I want, no, I need to explore. It's all I long for. Of course I'll be leaving my friend and family behind but we'll meet again, I have my whole life ahead of me. A whole life full of exploring and adventure.

"Armin! Foods here!" My mom calls. "Coming!" I call back closing the book and putting it back under my bed.