Coffee talk

~Levi~

I clean the coffee cup given to me by one of my co-workers. My gaze wanders towards the clock, just a few more hours until I get to go back to the flat and see Eren again. Oh, I miss that boy with his brown hair and bright smile. How he's always so happy I'll never know.

My eye starts to sting. "Ack." I grunt rubbing my eye. "You okay Mate?" A redheaded girl asks me seeing me rub my eye. "Ya I'm fine, if the manager asks i'll be in the bathroom." She nods and I place my cup down and walk to the bathroom. Opening the bathroom door I walk to the sink looking in the mirror to see my eye. "Darn it...stupid contact." I mumble. Guess I'm going to order new ones today.

I walk back behind the counter and continue to clean.As I pick up my third cup Annie walks into the shop. I tap the man who's taking orders shoulder making him turn around. "Can we switch? I know her." I point to Annie. He nods and grab my cup and small towel. I take about three orders until Annie is front of the line. "Hi, what would you like today?" I ask. She laughs. "You work here?" I nod and chuckle a bit. "I know right? Only place that had part time jobs and a good amount of pay. " I tell her. "Well in that case I'll take a medium dark coffee please." She tells me. I put in her order and tell her where to pick it up. She almost takes a step but then doesn't and continues having all her attention on me. "I'm Levi, does Eren...like me?" "As a friend, yes." She seems a bit sad that that was my answer. I put my hand on her shoulder. "You find someone. Join an online dating site or something." She brightens a bit. "You're right, thanks Levi." She puts out her hand for me to shake and I gladly take it. "Friends?" Annie asks. "Friends." I agree. With that her blonde head no escape to the pick up line.

After my shift is done I make my way to the eye doctor for some new contacts. They put in the order and tell me I have to wear my glasses until they come in. I give a grunt and walk to the bathroom to take out my contacts and put on my glasses. I look like such a nerd. Giving one final grunt I walk out of the eye doctors.

I enter the flat building and run up the stairs then put the key in the door and twist it. "Brat I'm home!" I call, taking off my apron and neatly place it on one of the kitchen chairs. No reply so I slam the door hoping he'll hear it from wherever in the house he is. "Hmm what?" Eren's head jerks up from the couch. "I'm home sleepy head." I take off my work hat putting it on my apron. "How was work?" "Good, I saw Annie." He nods silently, he gonna ask about it later I presume.

He gets up and walks over to the kitchen where I am. He holds but a small laugh. "You were glasses?" I sigh. "Ya, my contacts were worn out and I had to order new ones." He pokes my glasses and I seat his hand away. "Get your fingers away from my glasses! Do you know how hard it is to clean fingerprints off these things?" He giggles "Oops Sorry. Oh, and by the way why have you been able to see clearly at night without your contacts?" "It's because I have a very low prescription. So low that you could see through them. I only wear contacts when one of my eyes starts acting up." Eren nods his little brown head even though he obviously doesn't understand any of it.

I start dinner for us while Eren plays video games, occasionally swear loudly when dieing. I chuckle every time he does, thinking it's funny how he gets so worked up over things like that. After a bit I call him over for dinner. We talk and Eren makes the stupidest comments which somehow get me to laugh.

After dinner we sit on the couch and play video games. Mostly one-on-one call of duty, and mostly me winning. When it starts getting really late we head in for bed. Tomorrow we have school so we need to get a good night's sleep. It's gonna be a long day I can tell.