Chapter 16: Goodnight

I wake up to my phone ringing. "Hello?" I answer without checking caller ID. "Open your door." Gen's voice demands. "What?" I ask sleepily. Then I hear a knock on my door. I jump out of bed, flick on the lamp beside me, and open the door, hanging up the phone. "What are you doing here? It's still dark outside." I ask Gen, closing the door behind her. She sighs, pacing back and forth. "Jared and I had a fight. And it was the stupidest fight ever but I just got so mad. So I told him I'd be here with you for a bit. If that's okay with you of course." She says sitting on my bed. I nod my head. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, sitting beside her. "No." She huffs. I climb back under my covers and she lays under the covers with me. I flick off the light and close my eyes. "He wants to leave carpet in the nursery but I want hardwood." She continues, telling me about the fight. "So at three in the morning, you guys fought about house renovations?" I ask. She says nothing for a moment. "Yeah. Should I just go with carpet?" She asks. "How about hardwood, but you get a rug for the kid to play on?" I suggest slowly falling back asleep. She sighs. "I didn't think of that. That's a good idea." She agrees and then rolls over, getting more comfortable on my bed. "Compromise." I point up in the air even though she can't see me. I wake up to Jensen yelling. "Wakey wakey ladies!" I roll over and remember that Gen's beside me. "What the hell." She says rolling over and shoving her face in the pillow. I open one eye, too tired to open the other. Jared's here too. "How did you get in?" Gen asks leaning on her elbow. "Jensen has my other key." I reply. She sighs and sits up on the side of the bed. Just then my alarm on my phone goes off. "Damn it." i whisper to myself hitting my phone with my hand to stop it. "How about hardwood with a carpet?" I hear Gen ask Jared. "That sounds great. We have to go now though, Gen." Jared comes and pulls her up. "Okay. Thanks for letting me crash here Olivia." She says as they walk out. "You're welcome." I mumbled still half asleep. Jensen sits down on the bed and rubs my back. "That feels good." I mumble. He laughs. "I know." He replies. I roll over to face him and open my eyes. At least it's daylight outside. "Don't you have to go hibernate with Jared?" I ask him. He shrugs. "I thought I'd just hibernate here today. I'm coming for the karaoke later anyways. Plus, I can see you more that way." I smile. "Time?" I ask him. "Uh, 8:20." He replies. "Damn." I say and I crawl out of the bed. He jumps on and flicks on the TV as I jump into the shower.

I help out at the registration table as the first few people get here. I take group pictures of some of the fans. I stand at the back of the main show room as they have the first opening acts. The band that I met the other day is there playing and Rob's cracking jokes. The crowd seems to love him. I sit on the last chair in the first row once the panels start so I can get good pictures. "Hey, you're that girl that was in the picture with Jensen and Jared." The girl beside me says quietly as I focus my camera on the speaker. I glance over at her. "Yeah." I reply. She stares at me for another moment and then turns her head back to the speaker. I head back to my room around 3 for a quick break, and to see Jensen. He's just coming out of the shower when I return. "Oh hello there." He says cocky, putting his hands on his hips just above his towel. I smile. "Hi." I say back putting my camera on the table and grabbing a water from the mini-fridge. "How is it down there? Complete chaos?" He asks. By the time I turn around he only has his underwear on and I can't help but check him out. "It definitely would be chaos if I posted a picture of you like that down there." I laugh. "Yeah, it would." He laughs back. He puts on his jeans and a tight black t-shirt. I pull my wavy hair back into a ponytail. "Some of the girls down there recognize me from the photo I took with you and Jared." I admit, a little shocked at how viral it's gone. "Well, you are with one of the best looking people in the world." He jokes, pulling me down onto the bed with him. "Oh, you mean Jared?" I joke back. "Absolutely." He laughs, kissing my face. "Okay," I say getting off the bed. "I have to go back down." Jensen pouts. I pull my camera over my shoulder. "I know. I'll see you later." I kiss his cheek.

"I'm just going to run across the street to Starbucks." I tell John, one of the guys from the media team during the next break. The barista remembers me and doesn't even charge me for my tea. As I wait to cross the street, a group of girls come running up to me. "You're the girl in the photo with J2!" One of them exclaims. "Uh, yeah." I reply. "So do you, like, know them personally then?" Another asks. "Uh, yeah. I do." I reply slowly. "That's so cool!" They scream. I cross the road with them surrounding me. They all scurry away once we reach the doors to the hotel. "You okay?" One of the security guards asks me. He must've seen the whole thing. "Yeah." I laugh back. The rest of the day passes quickly. I eat dinner up in my room with Jensen and then it's time for the karaoke party. One of the body guards comes up to escort Jensen as I'm leaving. Once I get down there, I find another member of the media crew and stand with her as they start the party. A couple cast members that I recognize go up and sing and the fans love it. I take pictures of everyone that goes up on stage. Richard soon introduces a special guest to the fans and I hear whispers of who they think it could be. I laugh to myself, walking up to the front to get a good shot of Jensen. He comes through the curtain backdrop and the crowd screams. They instantly put on eye of the tiger and it makes me laugh. "This one's for you guys." He says into the mic and points into the crowd. He's only said five words and he's already wooed them. I step up onto the side of the stage to get a good shot. After the picture he turns his head and notices me, making a funny face before he air guitars his leg turning back to the crowd, which I also get a picture of. What a ladies man. The night ends as quickly as it began and soon enough I'm alone in my hotel room as Jensen was immediately whisked away by security and chauffeured back to his hotel. Just as I lay in bed I get a text from him. "Goodnight, my love."