Chapter 30: Enough Waiting

Monday morning, I'm in Los Angeles bright and early. The last time I was here was for the supernatural convention all those years ago. By the end of the day, I feel exhausted. That was probably one of the longest photo shoots I've ever done. Maybe because I also had to do the interview portion of it as well. But still.

I arrive back in Vancouver Tuesday evening, and Jensen is picking me up from the airport. As I walk through baggage, since I only brought a carry on, I walk straight to the pick up area where I see Jared standing there waiting. He waves at me and I walk over to him, giving him a weird look. "You're picking me up?" I ask as soon as I get close enough to him. "Yep!" With his hand still in his pocket, he holds his elbow out and I grab it. "Why? Where's Jensen?" I question. "He's working late." Jared answers. "I'm just surprised you're picking me up." I chuckle.

I notice people eyeing us as we walk out of the airport. Probably because Jared is so good looking. "Yeah, I thought you would be." He grins back at me. "I, uh, had to take one of the chauffeured cars since I came from the set." Jared says as we walk up to a big SUV. "That's fine." I chuckle as he steps in front of me to open the door. I get in and slide over so he can get in the same door. "Thanks." He says as he gets in behind me.

"Has Jensen talked to you about the CW event in LA yet?" He asks as we start moving. "No. What is it?" I question. "It's just like a big party for everyone on the CW Network." Jared says. I nod my head. I look out the window. "So what did you do in LA?" Jared pulls my attention again. "It was just a photo shoot of a business man for a magazine." I shrug. "Are you back working for that company?" He asks. "No, just doing some freelance stuff I guess." I yawn. "Tired?" Jared smiles. "Yeah." I nod.

I look out the window again at the road and realize we're not going the right way to go back to Jensen's. "Where are we going?" I ask, looking at Jared. "Back to the set." He answers. "Okay." I nod. I thought I was going home but whatever. That's fine. I can sleep in Jensen's trailer. Jared pulls his phone out and taps on it for a while. I lean my head back and just stare out the window. After a while, we stop in a familiar place and I know we're at the gates of the set. "Alright guys. Sorry but I can't go any further. I guess there's filming going on." I look at Jared who raises his eyebrows and nods. "Okay." He says then nods at me to get out.

We're right at the gate when we get out and the security guards let us through the gate. "That's weird." I comment as we walk through. "Yeah." As Jared replies I notice the strings of twinkle lights lighting up the entire set above us. "What are they filming?" I turn and look at Jared and he shrugs. "Let's go see." He gestures to the path that leads to the sets, not the trailers. "Okay." As we turn around the bend, I stop walking when I see all of the staff here line the pathway. Some hold flowers, some hold lanterns. "What?" I eye them all as they all stare back at me. I feel Jared touch my shoulder and then he takes the backpack off of the shoulder it hangs off of. I look back at him as he takes me stuff and he just smiles. "Go." He says quietly.

I'm anxious, but I walk towards it and people start handing me the single flowers in their hands as I walk through them. Quickly, I'm holding a huge bouquet of flowers. When I see Jensen, I know I'm close to the end. Jensen stands with his hands in his pockets, smiling, waiting for me to get to him. People keep piling flowers on. I spot Mark Sheppard and Misha at the very end. I haven't seen Mark since I've been back, but he smiles.

He and Misha don't have anything in their hands, but Misha steps forward and takes all the flowers from my arms. "Thanks." I say quietly to him. No one has said a word to me, just smiling. I look to Jensen as I finally finish walking through everyone and get to him. "This is insane." I say to him quietly. "Everyone wanted to be involved." He shrugs and chuckles back. "God." I sigh but I smile too.

"A long time ago, I had a conversation with your dad," he starts but I interrupt him. "Jensen." He knows it's a sensitive subject to talk about. "Just listen, Olivia. I'm serious." He says and I shut up. "He called me a long time ago and I asked for his permission to marry you. His response was, she'll probably say no." Jensen says and I smile. My dad definitely would've said that.

"But I told him I was going to ask anyways and he laughed and told me that I'd be stupid not to and to just wait you out if you said no." He says and I feel my eyes tearing up, mainly at the thought of my dad and Jensen having that conversation.

"Now, I think I've done enough waiting. Let me love you for the rest of our lives. Marry me, Olivia." He gets down on one knee and opens a box. I just watch him for a second before I quickly nod my head yes and lean down to kiss him. I hear everyone watching us start cheering and Jensen stands up then picks me up all while kissing me.

After a second, he puts me down and pulls the ring out of the box. He was right that this ring is different. It's bigger. Much bigger. "I'm glad it fits." He says as it slides on my finger. "It's perfect, Jens." I kiss him again.