Chapter 13: Watch Out For That One

A couple weeks later, I'm moving into my house. With my friends help of course. I wasn't able to paint it or do any of the renovations that I wanted to do first but in another week I'm going to a conference in LA with Annabelle and the rest of the media team, and then the tour starts. "Wow. I remember this house. We had good times here." Emmi says as she puts a box down beside me. "I know right." I put my arm around her shoulders. The house is so empty with all of my parents things gone. I'll definitely have to buy some more furniture. "Are you still going to paint it?" Emmi asks, putting her arm around my waist. "Not immediately. That will have to be put on hold for a bit." Just then Jensen and Jared come in carrying a couch with Gen following closely behind, telling them where to go. They put the couch down in the middle of the room. "Just a couple more boxes and we're done." Jared says confidently putting his hands on his hips. "Thank you guys so much. Dinner's on me. Now I'm going to check out what cars are in my garage." I say taking my arm off of Emmi. My parents said they were leaving a couple of their cars. I open the inside door to the garage and flick on the light. My dad's old red 1969 Camaro sits beside my mom's almost brand new black Volkswagen Jetta. "Nice." I go down the couple steps to get to the garage floor and look in the window of the car. I hear someone whistle behind me and see Jensen. "That's a beauty." He says making his way to the Camaro. "That's my dads. He loves that thing. He was always working on it when I was a kid. I'm honestly surprised he left it." I walk over to join him in looking through the window. "My dad would love this car too." Jensen says.

After I buy everyone dinner at Pickle Barrel, I drive Emmi home and Jensen drives Jared and Gen back to their apartment, then we meet back up at my house. "Stay tonight. Please." I beg Jensen. "Of course." He agrees and kisses my forehead. The only room that my parents left untouched is my old room. Something I'll have to go through. Jensen and I will sleep in there tonight since my bed isn't set up yet. We bring a bottle of wine up to the bedroom and watch old home videos on my old TV with a VHS player. We watch a video of my 5th birthday party, then a video of my parents renewing their vows and me pretending to be the bride when I was 10 and we laugh. Jensen pauses the video and I look over at him. "Question. Do you ever think you'll get married?" He asks me. "Maybe one day. Why?" I ask him back. He shrugs. "Just curious." And he plays the video again.

"Can I get you a drink, miss?" The flight attendant asks. I look up at her. She must sense my nervousness. I nod. "Please. Just some water." I say clasping my hands together. She quickly walks off. I look to my left to see a bunch of people in suits either passed out or typing on a laptop. I can't believe I'm flying first class. The plane shakes a bit and I grip the arm rests. The flight attendant comes back smiling and puts the glass of water in the cup holder. "Nervous flyer?" She asks, smirking. "You could say that." I joke back, forcing a smile. She quickly scurries off and I look out the window on my right. The sun is just coming up. Staring out the window somehow makes me feel more comfortable. I guess because I'm not constantly thinking about if the plane goes down. I zone out watching the clouds. A ding brings me back to reality and I notice the seat belt sign is turned on. "Good morning! The plane will begin it's decent shortly. Please fasten your seat belts." The flight attendant says over the PA system. I quickly grab my seat belt and buckle myself in. It isn't long before the stewardess comes by and grabs the water from my cup holder that I never drank. The ground slowly gets closer and closer and it looks beautiful. I can't wait to be in the warmth of California. I grip the arm rest again when the plane touches the tarmac. "Welcome to Los Angeles. The time is approximately 7:34AM. We will be taxiing for a few minutes so please don't undo your seat belts until the captain turns the seat belt light off. Thank you for flying with us."

Once I'm finally leaving the airport with my luggage, I see Annabelle waiting for me. "You made it! How was the flight?" She asks directing me to the chauffeured car she has waiting. "It was okay. I'm not a big fan of flying." I admit to her. She laughs. "Well, you'll get used to it. You'll be flying a lot with us." I laugh with her, forcing it out. Great. The chauffeur grabs my bags and puts them into the trunk as we get into the car. "We're going to go to the hotel, you can freshen up and have some breakfast, and then at 10 we have a meeting in the convention centre. It's attached to the hotel so we don't have to worry about leaving early to make it there on time. Let's meet in the lobby and we'll go together." I nod my head while she continues to talk about the plans for the day and I try to wrap my head around it. Once I get into my hotel room I pull out my phone and turn it back on to text Jensen. I flop down on the king sized bed in the middle of the room and sigh. "So comfy." I say to myself. "Made it to LA. So warm." I text Jensen. 30 seconds later I'm getting a FaceTime call from him. "Good morning beautiful." He smirks at me. He's laying on his bed too. I can't help but grin. "How was your flight?" He asks. "It was fine. I don't like flying." I say sitting up on the bed. "I know. You'll get used to it." He smiles back at me. "What are you doing today? Filming?" Jensen yawns and gets out of his bed. "Yeah. Probably be filming all day. Doing as much as we can before the first convention. I'm excited you'll be at them." He grins, walking from his bedroom to his kitchen. "Me too. I can't believe it's already quarter after 9. I have to go make myself look presentable and then find some food before this meeting." I pout. "Food, okay. But you already look so good." He says. I laugh, shaking my head. "Alright, Olive. I'll text you." He says. He started calling me that after we watched a TV show where they talking about 'the olive theory', so he started calling me his olive. "Please do." I say back. "Love you." He makes a kissy face. "I love you too." As much as I don't want to hang up the call, I do. I really need to get ready.

I put on some blue skinny jeans, a loose black tunic tee that ties at the waist, and put on my black flats. I tie my wavy hair back in a mid-high slightly messy bun. I grab my across-the-body purse, double checking my room key, and notepad are inside, and head to the lobby. "Where can I get a quick breakfast? Like a bagel?" I ask the receptionist. "We have a buffet breakfast just down the far hall. There are bagels and stuff." She replies. I thank her and quickly walk down the hall to find a room full of delicious looking pastries. There's even an omelette bar. I grab a croissant covered in powered sugar and bite into it.

There's chocolate in the middle. This is so good. "Is it good?" I hear from behind me. I turn to see a tall guy with dark brown hair spiked up into a fohawk smiling. He's wearing black dress pants and a tucked in blue shirt with a fold tucked under his arm. He must be important. I smile with my mouth full, slightly embarrassed. I nod, quickly chewing and swallowing. "I'm Tom, general manager of the hotel and convention centre." He holds out his hand to me. "Olivia." I shake his hand. He has a tight grip. Typical business man. He looks me up and down with a smirk. "What brings you to LA?" He asks, resting his hand on his hip. "How do you know I'm not from here?" I ask with a questioning look. He laughs. "Pale skin." I laugh with him. "True. I'm here with a media team for an upcoming event." His eyes widen. "Really? Are you part of Annabelle's team?" He asks. I feel shocked that he knows exactly who I'm with. "Um, yeah actually." I sputter out in shock. "I'm actually joining in on your meeting today." He says. I nod my head, not too sure what to say back. "Olivia!" I hear my name being called. I turn my head to see Annabelle waving me over from the door. "I, uh, have to go." I point to Annabelle who's turned her back. "Of course. I'll see you soon then." Tom winks at me as I walk away.

"I see you've met Tom." Annabelle whispers not so excitedly once I reach her. "Yeah." I nod my head as we start walking towards the convention centre. "Watch out for that one. He'll try to get into your pants." I did not expect to hear that coming from her mouth. "Really?" I ask shocked. She nods. "He did with me."