Chapter 9: She Makes A Good Point

"So how's your boyfriend?" Emmi asks once we leave a dress store, and head down the street. "My boyfriend?" I ask laughing. "Well, you guys have been seeing each other for a month now. Wouldn't you consider Jensen your boyfriend by now?" She turns to me. I bite my lip. "Yeah, I guess so." I say, pulling out my phone and seeing a text from Jensen telling me to have fun shopping with Emmi. I smile. "I guess so." I repeat, much quieter, to myself. We are in and out of many of the stores downtown, looking for a dress for Emmi to wear to a work Christmas party. "Do you have plans for Christmas yet?" She asks me through a dressing room door. I sit down on the bench in front. This could take a while. "Come on Em, you know me. I'll end up making an excuse not to go to my parents so I don't have to hear about what a big mistake I made, ditching the poor man at the alter." I mimic my mother's naggy voice saying the last part. Emmi snorts. "What about Jensen's family? Have you met them yet?" She asks, opening the door. I shake my head no. "You look like a pear," Emmi closes the door. "And no. They live in Texas. He doesn't have time to fly out there and be back in time for filming. It would be like a 12 hour visit and that's pointless." I pop a piece of gum into my mouth. "Well, what if you brought him to your family's dinner?" Emmi says so nonchalantly. I nearly choke on my gum. "Seriously? That's probably the worst idea ever. Have you forgotten that my father is a retired cop? My mother would probably spend the whole dinner comparing Jensen to Brian." Emmi swings the door open again, now in a red dress, and actually comes out to look into the bigger mirror on the wall. "What do you think about this one? I think I like it." She says looking at herself in every way possible in the mirror. "Em, that's a beautiful dress. You look great." She turns to me and grins. "It also makes my boobs look huge!" She shouts. We laugh and she goes back into the dressing room. "Olivia, if you brought Jensen to meet your parents, your mother would swoon so hard over him that she would never bug you about Brian again." Emmi says from inside the change room. She makes a good point.

I show up on the Supernatural set early evening. The security guards know me by now and just let me in without questions. I walk to Jensen's trailer but the lights are off, he must be filming. "Olivia, hey!" Gen comes walking out of Jared's trailer. She comes up and hugs me. "Hey Gen. You're in a good mood." I say to her. She smiles, then I see tears in her eyes. "Woah, woah. What's up?" I hold my hands out in front of me. She motions for me to come with her. I follow her into Jared's trailer and she sits down on the couch. I sit beside her. "What's going on?" I ask, more concerned this time. "I'm pregnant." She beams, tears of joy streaming down her face. My jaw drops open. "What!" I yell at her. She nods. "I just found out, like an hour ago. The doctor called me." She wipes the tears off her face. "I haven't told Jared yet though, so don't say anything yet, okay? I just had to tell someone." She hugs me again. "Holy shit, Gen. He's going to be so excited. I'm excited for you guys!" I hug her back. She starts crying again. My eyes tear up but I retain from letting them out. Just as we're hugging, Jared and Jensen come in and freeze at the site. Gen turns to face them and Jared notices that she's crying. "What's going on?" He rushes over to her side, taking her hands. She glances at me. "We'll be going." I get up off the couch and push Jensen out the door, closing it behind me. "But I want to know what's going on." He fights me trying to look in the window. "She's pregnant." Jensen's jaw drops open, as his eyes light up. "No." He says. I nod my head yes. "That's fantastic!" He says again, smiling. "Are you done filming already?" I ask wondering why they're over here. He shakes his head. "No, just a dinner break. The cast is having pizza in the studio, want to come?" He points over to one of the large buildings. "Sounds great." I say wrapping my arm around his waist. He wraps his around my shoulders, kissing the top of my head. We enter the building where everyone is already sitting down at the few tables. We grab some pizza and sit at a table with Misha. Misha tells us a joke about a cow. It makes absolutely no sense but I guess that's what makes it funny. After we finish our pizza, the director calls everyone back to film.