Chapter 25: Just a Distraction

I wake up at Jensen's apartment, but I wake up alone. His alarm clock reads 10:30am and I'm surprised I didn't wake up when he left for work. I make the bed, then tidy his bedroom - just putting the clothes on the floor in the hamper. I shower, then make myself a latte on his Keurig coffee maker. I feel good today.

After I get ready, I head out the door to go to my therapist appointment. I have the punch code to his door so I can lock it. As I get to street level, I get a text from Jensen. "Good morning beautiful! Make yourself at home today. I won't be home late." I smile at his message.

After my therapist appointment, I feel slightly worse than I did this morning. All the looming things I haven't dealt with yet seem to haunt me. I don't have an apartment. I don't have a job. I don't have a car. The thoughts circle around in my mind until I feel lost again. I walk down the street, heading to the Starbucks I usually stop at after therapy. My phone rings through my headphones.

"Hello?" I answer it by tapping on the right headphone. No idea who it is since I don't have my phone in front of me. I stop waking to wait for a cross light. "Hey, Olivia!" Misha's voice surprises me. "Misha? Hey! What's up?" He never calls me. Instantly my mind goes to the worst place - something happened to Jensen. "Not much. I heard that you were by yourself at Jensen's apartment today so I thought I'd see if you want to go to lunch?" He asks. My mind eases as I realize it's just a friendly call. "Oh, yeah! Sure! That sounds good." I agree. "I'm going to leave in 10 minutes, I'll pick you up and I'll text you when I get there." He says. "Okay, see you soon." I hang up and turn around to head back to Jensen's.

The best thing about his place, is that it's so close to everything. It takes me 15 minutes to walk back to his apartment and I know Misha will be here in about 10 minutes. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I've never hung out with Misha alone. Ever. I decide to text Jensen and let him know I'm going out with Misha. "Good luck! Lol." I get back from him and laugh to myself.

"Hey Mish." I say as I get in his passenger seat. "Hey Liv!" He grins back and I chuckle. "How do you feel about sushi?" He asks before he starts driving. "Sounds good to me. I love sushi." I agree. We get to this place I've never been to but he says he goes all the time. We mostly talk about his work, and filming, and a bit about Jensen until he asks, "are you really doing okay?" I'm a little surprised by that question.

"What do you mean?" I play dumb as I eat. "Are you doing okay with everything? Being back in Vancouver? Coping with everything?" He's serious. I look down at my water before I take a sip as I think about my answer. "As well as I can be, I think." I answer. I haven't really told anyone that I go to a therapist. Just Emmi and Jensen. "Okay. I won't press on. But if you need anything, please let me know. Even if it's just a distraction." He says.

I bite the inside of my lip to keep my eyes from tearing up and I nod. "Thanks Misha. It's honestly been a hard change. Since moving to Florida, everything's just been a mess. So yeah, it's a little stressful trying to get my shit back together." I admit. "Well whatever kind of help you may need, I'm available." He nods back.