Chapter 5: I Hope He Calls

The ceremony goes as planned. Perfect. No tripping, no falling, no running, no crying, well, for me. We go out to the gazebo for photos of the wedding party and the new couple, Jensen manages to whisper to me that I look beautiful again, and then we end up on the 8th floor, where the reception is taking place. I take my seat at the long white wedding party table at the front of the room, and find myself wishing that I was sitting beside Jensen instead. I'm the last on the bride's side, and he's the last on the groom's side. The bride and groom's closest friends, and parents give short speeches and we are served a 5 course meal. The food is delicious. We watch the bride and groom have their first dance. The middle of the room is turned into a dance floor and all the guests round tables are to the side, with enough room for them to sit. I meet Jared's wife Gen, and also Misha's wife, Vicki, both super nice. "Come dance!" Emmi tries to pull me up from my seat but I shake my head. "I'm ok. I'm enjoying just watching." She waves me off as one of the other bridesmaids pulls her away. It's just me and the maid of honour left sitting at the table. The jumping, crazy dancing stops as a slow song comes on. "Care to dance, m'lady?" A man I've never seen before holds out his hand. Who the heck uses the term, m'lady? I shake my head, smiling. He laughs, "I'm not taking no for an answer." He grabs my arm and pulls me up. "Okay, okay." He leads me on the dance floor. He spins me around and I surprisingly don't fall. The song ends and I think I'm free but another slow one comes on and the man grabs my waist again. "Can I cut it?" We turn and I see Jensen and my heart leaps up to my throat. The man willingly lets Jensen cut in.

Goosebumps crawl up my back as Jensen puts his hand on my hip, taking my other hand in his. "Have I told you today that you look beautiful?" I laugh. "Yeah, I think you mentioned that a few times." He smirks, all proud. "I'm a terrible dancer by the way." I warn him before we get too into this and I end up breaking his toe. "That's okay because I'm an amazing dancer." He boasts. "Oh really?" I raise my eyebrows at him. He nods his head, smiling. "You're such a loser." I tease him. "Oh really?" He mocks me, pulling me in closer. He dips me and I cling on to his suit jacket for dear life. Once he brings me back up, I punch him in the chest, which makes him laugh. "Lets get a drink." He says when the song is ending. I nod my head and grab his arm, staying slightly behind him as we make our way through the crowd and to the bar. He grabs us each a glass of red wine and we sit down at an empty table off to the side. "I want to see you again." Jensen says staring into my eyes. "You're seeing me right now." I sip my wine, turning my body towards him. "I mean after this. Once this weekend is over, I want to see you again." My stomach knots. "I do too." I reply shyly, watching his smile grow. We finish our wine and I give him my number, as I don't have my phone with me to take his. I feel the alcohol kick in when I stand up. "Wedding party shots!" Emmi comes and grabs my arm. I just grab Jensen to pull him with, as shes pulling me away. We end up at the bar and the whole wedding party is there waiting for us with tequila shots. "To the newly married couple!" Mark shouts. We raise our glasses and take the shot, shoving a piece of lime into our mouths after. "Another!" Someone shouts. I shake my head. "No way. One, fine. Two, I won't remember a thing." I say, mainly to Jensen who laughs. Emmi grabs my arm and leans in between Jensen and I. "Girls are going to dance. Boys can't come." Emmi looks at Jensen. "She's drunk." I yell over the loud music that they've turned up. He laughs and nods. "I see that." Em pulls me onto the dance floor with the other bridesmaids and the bride. A waiter comes over with another round of shots, not tequila. The bride pushes us all to take one and we all do.

After a couple of songs I make it my mission to find Jensen. I eventually find him sitting at the bar with Jared and Gen. "Hey." I lean on the bar beside him. He eyes me up and down. "Olivia, are you drunk?" He smirks. I shake my head no although I'm completely lying. He can probably tell. "Want to go for a walk?" He asks. I nod my head. He gestures to Jared and Gen who give him a wave, and I take his arm as we leave the room. "Can we go outside?" I ask. "Of course." We end up out on the gazebo, lit up with Christmas lights, and we take a seat on one of the wooden benches to the side. You can hear the music from the wedding clearly. I pull my high heels off and put them on the ground. "You'll have to come to my studio." I say to Jensen, turning my body to face him. "Only if you visit me on set." He replies. I nod, smiling. "Thanks for keeping me upright earlier." I say to him. He throws his head back laughing, like a little kid. My mind freezes in this moment. He looks perfect. My stomach knots. He smile fades as he brings his head back down and sees me so serious. "What?" He asks slowly. I don't reply but instead put my hands on the sides of his face and pull his lips down to meet mine. He smells like a mix of wine and cologne. A chill runs down my spine as he wraps his fingers in my hair. I pull back and we stare at each other for a moment before he pulls me back to him for a second kiss. "I just realized I don't want you to leave." I say to him when we pull back. "I could probably see you this week. I don't think we'll be far from each other." He says still holding the side of my face. I nod my head. "Yes, please." I kiss him again.

I wake up to Emmi shaking me. "Come on. We have to go to the brunch." She says, walking into the bathroom. "What time is it?" I yell, rolling my face into the pillow. "Ten-thirty. We have to be there for eleven." I sigh rolling out of bed. I grab blue jeans, and a plain black hoodie throwing them on. "Here," Emmi jumps on the bed behind me and grabs my hair pulling it back into a french braid, then handing me one of her cleansing face wipes. I wipe the leftover makeup off my face, regretting falling asleep with it on. "Let's go." I follow her out of the room, and down the elevator to the restaurant in the hotel, where we're greeting by the groom. I sit down at the table between Emmi and Misha, then realize we're missing two people. Jensen and Jared. "Where's Jensen?" I ask Misha. "Oh, him and Jared had to go back to the set, filming resumes today for them." I nod my head. A pang of sadness washes over me as I never got to say bye.

I hope he calls.