Chapter 32: Ivory and Greens

Watching Jensen give a speech gives me goosebumps. He's so charismatic and speaking in front of people just comes so natural to him - unlike me. I'd be a nervous wreck up there. "The next wedding will be yours, brothers!" The groom says back to Jensen and the whole room "ooo's" and "ah's". Everyone at the table were sitting at turns and looks at me and I feel my face flush just from that alone. What the hell am I going to do at my own wedding?

"That was really great!" I tell Jensen as he sits back down beside me. "Thanks, darlin'." He smiles back. After one more speech throughout dinner, the bar's opened and so is the dance floor. "Getting any ideas for our wedding?" Jensen says lowly to me. "Maybe a few." I smile back. "Open bar." He says and I nod in agreement. "Floral centerpieces." I gesture to one in the middle of the table here. "Big dance floor." He smirks and then stands up, holding his hand out to me. I chuckle to myself as I take it and walk out to the dance floor with him. "This is just practice." He pulls me close to him and puts his hand on my lower back. Practice or not, I still get butterflies. This reminds me of the first time we danced at the wedding we met at. "I should probably get better at dancing for our wedding." I admit and Jensen furrows his eyebrows. "You're a good dancer. I don't know why you ever thought you were bad." He says back. "I didn't think I was bad, I know I'm bad." I correct him and he laughs, shaking his head.

Out of nowhere, he spins and dips me and I go with it. He lifts me back up and I laugh. "See? You're a better dancer. The last time I did that, you punched me in the chest." He reminds me and I laugh harder. "That's because I didn't trust you." I admit. "Although if you dropped me, I would definitely punch you again." I add and Jensen laughs. We dance in silence for a little before he says, "I love you" in my ear.

———

The next day is a right off, when we're both hungover. It's getting harder to bounce back with age. But regardless, we spend it at Jensen's parents house, just hanging out mostly chatting about the wedding. "Are you going to do it in Texas?" His mom asks. I can tell she wants me to say yes. "We haven't talked about that yet. I'm kind of just going with wherever I find a venue I like." I tell her honestly. I'm cool with it being in Vancouver, but I know it would probably be easier if it were in Texas since his whole family is here. "Have you started looking? I know a couple nice ones around here." She smiles back. "I'd definitely be interested in seeing them!" I nod back. "Maybe we can all go for a drive! Let me go see what the boys are doing." She gets up and leaves me alone with the cookies so naturally, I eat another when no ones looking.

"I can't believe my mom conned you into this." Jensen laughs as we get into the backseat of the car, his parents in the front. "I don't mind!" I shrug back. "You're too nice." He says before he shuts the car door for me. His parents get in before he does, but he eventually sits beside me in the back. His mom makes a couple calls and immediately gets us in for tours to a couple different places. "Have you started looking for a dress?" She turns and asks me. "Not yet." That's one part I'm not looking forward to. Then I start to wonder if she knows that I planned my first wedding on my own. Jensen starts up a conversation about the guest list to distract her from asking me questions and I honestly zone out until we're pulling up at one of the venues.

The lady meets us outside and starts chatting about the property. I hold Jensen's hand as we get a tour down the stone path that leads to the barn. It's very rustic looking on the outside. Lots of greenery around too - perfect area for pictures. I've never been crazy on the idea of a wedding in a barn though. I'm not an animal. "Can I look inside?" I ask, pointing to the barn. "Of course. Go on in!" The lady smiles back. I walk in ahead of everyone else and look around, stopping when I'm standing in the middle of the large open space.

The dark wood colour is beautiful and looks so modern on the inside compared to the rustic exterior. I can imagine this decorated for us. Ivory and greens all over. Twinkle lights up high over the dance floor. "Liv?" Jensen grabs my attention and I wonder if they were trying to talk to me. "This is it. This is the place."