Chapter Fifteen:

So sorry guys/gals/people of this world that this is late

Troubles with classes and parents

Also this story may end pretty shitty so fair warning ahead
------

Jerome's POV:

"What do you mean by limbo," I asked the girl. She rolled her eyes, I think, rolling closer to me.

"You're in a coma Jerome."

I started at her in disbelief, looking around once again at the surroundings. She mumbled something and started rolling down the hallway. A nurse came around the corner, walking straight through her. Now this was unreal, but I followed her anyways.

"Do you know how I know," she said once I caught up, turning right and passing by a couple rooms. I still tried to avoid everyone rushing past, not used to this whole... Ordeal.

"No???"

"Well. I've been stuck here for... A couple years now. My family refuses to let me go. So I've been watching everyone," she explained. She stopped at a closed door, labeled emergencies only.

"I can hear every doctor and I can tell you how and why and who but... There's a twist..."

I paused, giving her a confused look, and then remembering bits a pieces. Me, Mitch, Taylor, and Jordan were going to the mall.

"Bingo," the girl said, snapping her fingers, "you got who. To ease you mind I can gladly tell you your Canadian boyfriend is ok. Just scraped up."

"But how," I pressed on. She only shook her head, making me frustrated.

"That would be cheating, you see. When there's multiple people on the deathbed. I can help one snap out of it. With a cost, the others die."

My mouth got dry, looking back at the door. I was suppose to chose? I don't know who else got hurt, or if she's trying to trick me...

"What if I chose myself," I questioned. The girl smirk, giving a small chuckle that sent a chill down my spine.

"You're gonna break a heart. It's gonna cut them so deep that they won't be able to get over it for years. Also before you ask, 'what if I chose death?' Poor Mitchy's gonna get a one way trip back to Canada," she explained it like it was the most simplest thing.

"How do you know so much about us," I asked, watching her with more caution.

"Doctors records. I have to say you're the most interesting bunch to walk through those doors," she laughed, snapping into a serious mode, "I know more than you."

"Prove it," I growled.

"Fine. First off, Ty. Depressed and suicidal. Was about to kill himself but then Adam came to the rescue," she started off, holding up one finger, "two, Jason. Poor thing lost his parents and his legs on their way to dinner. On his birthday."

That part I didn't know. She wasn't done talking yet.

"Ah the star crossed lovers, Taylor and Jordan. Both from abusive homes, different reasons. Seeing them live together raised by the same guardian raises questions too," she smirked, holding her thumb up with her fingers, "Ian. Severe adhd and a decent baker. Parents didn't want him. Quentin's story you know pretty well. Ran away at the thought of killing his friend."

She paused, pretending to think, "Who's next? Oh yes, you."

"Shut up," I narrowed my eyes, but it only encouraged her.

"Anger management for starters. Then with the I like to call, the classic hansel and gretel. Without the gretel and candy house."

"I said shut up."

"Dad didn't want you. So he left you to wander. A caretaker was able to take you in. Then you traveled house to house."

I went to lunge at her, to make her stop talking, but something held me in place.

"Then there's the Canadian. Lost his father in the military, then his own mother couldn't watch him. Giving him to the shitty American foster care."

"I swear when I wake up in going to personally unplug you from any system that's keeping you in a coma," I yelled, seeing her grin.

"Good luck with that."

Then it went white.

------
You know what. I'm just gonna post this like it is.

Ok so there's like... 2 to 3 more chapters and maybe an epilogue. I just needed something to happened in this chapter.
¯\_()_/¯