Chapter Seventeen:

This is just gonna be a quick little thing. You guys need closure from the last chapter.
------

Quentin's POV:

I stared down the street, seeing nothing in sight. My bag was packed and next to me, a backpack packed with useless junk hung on my shoulder. To my left, Taylor was fumbling with Jordan's red glasses.

We were the last two to leave Adams house from what I call evacuation. The head mistress didn't like how he was always, quote on quote, 'fucking up.'

"This sucks," I mumbled, getting a hum from Taylor, "having to go back home."

"Yeah," he sighed, folding up the glasses and putting them in their case. I look back out on the street, planning on how everything will end.

Mitch and Jerome got super lucky. Both Preston and Rob's parents agreed to take them in, so they get to stay in the area. Ty, Jason, and Ian are being sent back into the system. Then that leaves me and Taylor.

Ironically enough, my long lost uncle spoke up and is taking me. Taylor's being sent back to his brother. Neither of us like this plan but the 'higher authorities' have no evidence to send them to jail.

"Hey Quentin?" I looked over as Taylor spoke, seeing him shaking. If he had another panic attack here...

Wait...

"I'll answer in a second, but hear this out first," I asked, getting a nod from him.

"Let's leave."

Taylor's mouth dropped open, seeming to be stunned. I kept my face clear of any emotion, not wanting him to panic. It was an outrageous plan, but it was better then what was to come.

"Listen. I know you don't want to go back to your brother and continued to be sexually assaulted. And I don't want to be abused by a drunken uncle," I made my points, seeing him following along, "the nearest bus stop is two blocks away. So let's catch one. North Dakota's pretty nice in the fall."

"Quentin," Taylor was whispering at this point, "that's where."

"Yeah. Where Kermit died," my voice caught in my throat but I didn't let it show, "but I need to get past this. Now don't go thinking this is a romantic push between us."

I saw relief flash in his eyes only a second. But that didn't stop me from continuing. "You know I'm hella aromantic and you're getting over a three year relationship that ended tragically. So let's leave."

Taylor glanced down the street both ways before looking back at me. With confidence, he nodded, gripping his backpack tighter.

"Alright. Let's get going."