Ending Two (Chapter Nineteen)

Mitch didn't have the white picket fence life, nor did he have the smallest apartment money could afford. He lived in a one story on two acres of land. He had his mom. She worked at a small shop in the nearest town. He had a baby sister, to young to even walk. What he didn't have, was a dad. Lost in a war before he was born. The only thing that he remembered him by was his dog tags.

His life was indeed, not perfect. Every family had its flaws. Mitch's mom lost her job one day, the company being lost to a bigger one. Their nice house vanished, moving to an apartment. When Mitch reached 13 they were living with his grandparents.

--

"Mitch, I would like you to meet your grandparents."

He tilted his head at looked at the older couple, not recognizing them. The lady smiled and pinched his cheek, cooing about how he grew up.

--

He remembered how his grandma would help him bake from scratch, his grandpa taught him French and how to help around the house. By that time he rarely saw his mom, just a distant memory.

At 15, he was put into a home away form everyone. Turns out they never had enough money to watch growing kids. His sister was put into a different care for only girls, leaving him alone.

--

"What's your name?"

Mitch glanced at the boy beside him, clutching the tags around his neck tighter. When he didn't answer the boy just shrugged, moving to another group.

This wasn't his family. He wanted his.

--

Then by a year, he moved to America.

--

"Hey Mitch where's the coffee again?"

Mitch smirked, holding the last coffee filled cup as he watched Jerome parade around the kitchen, opening every cabinet and drawer. He made sure to sip loud enough to catch his attention, only to give him a innocent stare.

"Have you checked the pantry," Mitch puffed out his bottom lip, making Jerome only glare harder. Instead of doing just that. Jerome plucked the cup from Mitch's hand and took his own sip.

"Every time I tried to get coffee, someone else gets the last of it," Jerome grumbles. Mitch chuckle and pat his head.

"Maybe it's fate saying you shouldn't drink it."

Mitch was able to grab it back and take another sip, much more to Jerome's annoyance. He went to grab it back but Mitch held it out of reach.

"Give it."

"I made it."

"I never get any," Jerome pouted, and Mitch copied. Jerome broke first and kissed Mitch, long enough to take the coffee back.

"Alright," Mitch rolled his eyes, "but you're buying more next time."

------
*coughs*
Yup

Just updated

Have fun