Chapter 5.

Landon:

It's been a month and I already have a baby bump. Damn it, all my clothes arent fitting and my brother doesn't even know. I sat, my legs crossed, on the soft sheets of my bed. I was scared. Pregnant at seventeen? How am I supposed to get anywhere in my life. I mean sure, I'm pretty and smart and all, but unplanned pregnancy at age 17 on a resume is not very impressive. And what would my brother do!? I crossed my fingers. Maybe he'll kill Jake, that would make me satisfyed.

"Landon, come take out the trash while I make lunch." My brother called from downstairs.

I lurched off my bed and slumped down the stairs.  My brother was stirring something in a pot with a wooden spoon. I slowly bent over and picked up the bag. Then I slipped on my tight sweater. I tried to zip it up, but it was strangleing me so I groaned and gave up, dropping the sweater on the floor. I glanced back to see my brother staring at me strangely.

"what?" I asked, my face red.

"nuffin."  He shrugged.

I slipped out the door and shut it behind me. I banged my head on the garage. He almost found out. Hes suspicous. I dumped the garbage into the garbage can then ran back inside. I sat on the couch and stared into space. Maybe I could wear my brothers clothes...Not very flattering, but it would cover my baby bump.

"LANDON!" My brother yelled.

"huh...?" I moaned, coming back to this world.

"GET THE PHONE!" He hollered.

Suddenly I realized the high pitched ringing in my ears. I clicked talk on the cordless phone beside me.

"Hello?" I said into the reciever.

"Hey Landon, how do you feel? It's Sarah."  Said a voice on the other end.\

"Hey, I'm good. What's up?" I muttered.

"I was wondering if you wanted to meet me Isabell and Carter in the forest to hang out?" Sarah asked,

I thought for a while. Sarah was silent. Why not? I need something to keep my mind off of....

"Sure. I'll meet you there."

"sweet, bye!"

Then I hung up and walked into the kitchen liesurly. My brother turned around and handed me a bowl of beans.

"Ta-da!" He smiled.

"mm yum." I said.

Wow. Beans again. I sat down at the table and my brother sat across from me. I wolfed down the bowl and in an instant, I was done. My brother stared at me, his mouth open as he lifted the spoon to his mouth.

"Wow, you're hungry." He laughed.

"HEY! I'm hungry, I've been having the last couple days rough. If you woke up as me one morning, you would go: 'Hey, lifes pretty hard as Landon'."  I glared deviuosly.

My brother chuckled.

"PUH-lease!" He said.

"If I woke up as you one morning, I would say: 'OH MY GOD, I have boobs!"

I rolled my eyes and fingered my heart necklace.

"I was also wondering...Can I go and hang out with my friends?" I asked.

My brother shurgged and took my bowl to wash it. He put it in the sink and began to scrub it.

"Sure. Just as long as you don't do nothin with a guy..."

"Okay thanks! and its ANYTHING by the way!" Then I slipped out the door.

After ten minutes, I made it to the forest. Isabell and Caster were sitting on a rock waiting. They smiled at me and I slowly sat besde them.

"Where is Sarah?" I asked.

"I dont know..." Caster shrugged.

Suddenly a strange car pulled up and Sarah jumped out as the car sped away. her hair was a mess of tangled strands, and she looked like she had been rushing.

"Hey guys! Lets start to walk huh?" She smiled, panting.

We started to walk beside her. Are feet went together in sync and we walked up the path.

"Where were you?" I asked, concerned.

"Oh, um, I was..." She stuttered.

Suddenly a dark shadow jumped out infront of me. I couldn't see who it was through the dark foliage of a bush he was behind.

"Damn, how did he get here so fast?" I heard Sarah mutter to herself.

Jake immerged from the darkness of the forest. He winked at me and smirked. Sarah looked down at her feet and took a step back, saying nothing.

"Hello, Landon. Remember me? long time no see..." he said, looking me up and down.

I covered my baby bump. My face went pale and my heart raced so fast, I almsot exploded. I remembered the night. A month ago, I remembered the night. I hadn't seen Jake since that one fatefull night, and I remembered it all. It was his face that woke me up screaming in the middle of the night, his face that sent shivers down my back, it was him who made me burst out crying every second, it was him who got me pregnant. And I...was going...to kill him.

"I remember you, you B*stard." I said, half crying.

he grabbed my wrists and pulled me close, close enough so I could feel his hot breath breathing down my neck, and the words he was whispering into my ear. Isabell and Carter took a brave step forward.

"I-did-nothing-to-hurt-you-you-b*tch." he whispered shakily.

I struggled to try and pull away, his tight clench on my wrists hurting intensely.

"You did! YOU GOT ME PREGNANT! You ruined my life! Let go! Stay away from me!" I screamed, crying.

Caster:

My breathing started to intensify. Every breath I took started coming out in short gasps. I felt faint and pale. I picked up a big rock and charged towards them. I chucked the rock pretty hard and it thunked right into Jake's head, sending him collapsing onto the ground. Landon took a shaky breath. I looked down at my hands. Did I kill him?

"You killed him!" Sarah screamed at me.

Why did she care? I looked at her harshly, something glimmering in my eyes, something cold and wise. I had seen things in my life. I have done things I'm not proud of. but this, this isnt one of them. I am proud of what I just did. I felt my eyes go firey.

"The-hell-I-did" I said, gulping.

Landon sat down on a rock and started balling her eyes out, while Isabell knelt down beside Jakes unconscuios body. She felt his neck, then his wrist for a pulse.

"I don't feel any pulse." Isabell said.

My face went white as Isabell looked up at me and Sarah glared at me, wide-eyed.

Sarah:

HOW COULD SHE!? I ran beside him and felt his pulse. I am good at this stuff, one of my old boyfriends was in doctor school and taught me a few things. I gasped a sigh of relief but hid it. I turned around and everyone stared at me.

"You dumb A$$es, hes still alive! You just can't feel a pulse right." I yelled.

 She wanted him dead. I looked at Isabell and her face was seriuos and blank. I looked at Landon and she was still crying, holding her stomache tightly. But where was Caster...? I spun back around. And jake was gone to!!! But no one noticed!?!

"WHERES CASTER!?!?" I yelled.