14

"I told you I had something I wanted you to see, right?" Cronus asked as he wore a small smile and made his way out of the bathroom with Kankri following behind him.

"Yeah, but I didn't think you'd still want me around." Kankri mumbled nervously.

"Why would I want you around?" Cronus asked as he wrapped an arm around the others' shoulders.

"After all that, you're going to pretend like nothing happened?" Kankri inquired a little irritated. Cronus tugged his arm off Kankri's shoulders and held both of his hands.

"I'm not pretending it didn't happen. What just happened will never not exist, but for right now, I'm just trying to enjoy having you to myself." Cronus smiled sadly down at Kankri. Strangely, Kankri understood what the greaser was trying to say. He stopped talking and tucked the binder of doodles under his arm while he took the sign down. He turned back to the other and followed him out to his car.

"Kanny," Cronus glanced over at the passenger seat where Kankri sat. "I just wanna say I'm sorry that you've gone through this whole mess by yourself."

"It's alright." Kankri mumbled. One silent and short car ride later, they arrived the destination and found out that it was a small hill. As cheesy as it was, he thought it was beautiful. It was nearing sunset and the sky started turning a darker blue. Kankri watched as Cronus crawled out of his window and up onto the roof of it.