21

"Whatever, Kankri." He sighed.

"I promise that we can watch the rest of the movie when I get home." Kankri petted Karkat's head again before standing up. One long work shift later, Kankri was on the way to Cronus' house. Saying that he was nervous was an understatement. He felt the lighter in his back pocket and fully expected to come home early now that Cronus knew not only that he stole something from him, but also that he'd been using it. He knocked on the door and the man at the door invited Kankri inside; knowing who he was here to see. A few minutes spent standing beside the door and wallowing in dread, Kankri fiddled with his hands and waited for Cronus to walk down stairs.

"Sir, Mr. Ampora is on the phone wanting to converse with you." The man in a suit informed him as he held out a phone for Kankri.

"Thank you." Kankri accepted the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, babe." Cronus voice chimed from the other side of the line. "Sorry I'm not home right now. I went out to the store a few minutes and usually, it takes me a few minutes to get there, buy stuff and get back, but I'm stuck behind an car accident."

"Oh my, are you alright, Cronus?" Kankri worried.

"I'm fine, Kanny, but there's a line waiting for someone to flip the car back over and fix this mess. There's no way around it either, so I might be there in a few minutes. You can go ahead and go to my room and chill there for a little bit."

"Alright, but please do be careful." Kankri stated worryingly before handing the phone back to the man.

"Of course, Mr. Ampora. Be careful." The man hung up and turned to Kankri. "He would like me to show you were his room resides. This way, please."