16

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." Cronus chuckled as he sat up and rubbed his head and slightly ruffled his greased hair. Kankri giggled at the sight of Cronus' hair slightly sticking up.

"What?" Cronus asked with curiosity as he stood up checked his hair in the rearview mirror and saw that his hair was sticking up on one side. He tried fixing it, but to no avail.

"Here. Let me help you." Kankri giggled and ran his fingers through the taller one's hair. He formed the swoop and curl that he knew he liked in his hair while Cronus was just enjoying the feeling of someone else fingers in his hair.

"There." Kankri sighed approvingly and ripped Cronus from his daze. He looked in the mirror again and saw that it was perfect.

"I know it's probably not the best it's been, but tried my best and-" Kankri began to ramble.

"It's perfect." Cronus smiled. "You even got the curl right."

"Thanks, I guess." Kankri smiled a little and rubbed his arm in embarrassment. "I should probably get home, however. It is about the time Karkat would be getting to bed."

"No." Cronus complained flatly as he wrapped his arm around Kankri's waist. "I'm letting you go ever again."

"Cronus, we both know that I still have to take care of Karkat and go to work tomorrow." Kankri laughed into Cronus's shoulder as he hugged him back.

"No you don't." Cronus pouted and pouted even harder when Kankri dropped the hug.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Cronus. I'll stop by your house after work if that's alright with you."

"Please?" Cronus gave in. "Speaking of the angry troll you call your brother, can I have his phone number so I could call you?"

"Of course." Kankri nodded. Cronus quickly whipped out a pen and rolled his leather jacket sleeve up to reveal a soft forearm.

"You want me to write it on your arm?" Kankri questioned confusedly. Cronus simply nodded before Kankri shrugged and wrote the number on his arm. Cronus smiled and peck Kankri on the lips quickly before hopping back into the car. Kankri slid into the passenger seat and in a couple of minutes on the road, they sat in the car outside the Vantas house.