23

"None of the others seemed to have really liked him, but stuck around for his money. You seem like you enjoy his company."

"I do." Kankri tried to hide his smile, but failed terribly.

"You also seemed genuinely worried when you found out that he was behind a crash." He spoke again. Kankri lost his smile.

"He could've been hurt, so of course I was worried." Kankri shrugged and held his elbows in his palms.

"Well, like I said. He should arrive in about half an hour, so please make yourself comfortable." He bowed a little before he let the room and closed the door behind him. Kankri relaxed his unknowingly tense shoulders and yawned. He has had a tiring day at home and work today and he did tell him to make himself comfortable, so it wouldn't hurt to occupy a small side of Cronus' bed. Kankri crawled on top of the covers as soon as his face hit the pillow, he was captured by the smell of Cronus' fruity hair gel and just his smell in general. He fell asleep in no time and slept more comfortably than he has in a while. The next thing he knows, he feels that someone else is in the room with him and is staring at him. He drowsily pushed himself up on his elbows while he rubbed and opened his eyes drowsily. Kankri looked up and saw that Cronus was staring down at him lovingly and sadly at the same time.

"Welcome home, Cronus." Kankri yawned.

"He wasn't lying." He whispered as he stared at Kankri's thighs. Kankri looked down at his own thighs curiously and saw that he didn't have his pants on. He then scrambled up and pulled his pants out of the floor beside the bed.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Cronus. I guess I am only here to return your lighter." Kankri yanked the lighter out of the back pocket of the high-waisted jeans, handed it to Cronus and scampered out of the room. Following close by was Cronus.

"Kanny, come back." Cronus shouted as he was in the doorframe.

"I'm sorry I disappointed you, Mr. Ampora." He apologized as tears built up behind the waterline in his eyes while he dashed down the stairs.

"Kanny, wait!" Cronus dashed after him, but once he was in a full sprint, there was no catching up. Stopping right outside his house, Cronus panted as he speed dialed Karkat's phone.