Chapter 5: Under My Skin

Hey guys :D! I've been wondering though..are my chapters long enough? Or do you want it longer?

Anyway, hope you like this chapter.

Remember guys, every read I get makes me happy and every vote too. So, vote, read, and comment guys :)

Enjoy! And of course thank you for reading my story :) You guys rock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groaned, pressing the ice pack to my head harder, while Jeff and Sara tossed me worried glances at the lunch table that I was sharing with them. Defence Class sucked ass. I would rather poke needles in my eyes than go through that again.

"I'm sure you were doing fine!' Sara said for the tenth, and hopefully last, time.

"I was not." I sighed. It was a disaster in such momumental propotions. God, I walked into class and felt like an ant amongst elephants. Mad elephats that stomp and run. I saw swords, daggers, throwing stars, spears, an honest to God hammer that was ten times bigger than the one I have at home, arrows, bows, and other stuff that I swear I didn't know the name to. And just my luck, Nathan was there to watch my horrible horrible display of terrible hand eye co-ordination. God, so embarrassing, especially when he could pick ANY weapon and freaking know how to use it. Everyone of his friends or packmates or whoever the hell they were, were watching and I could feel them judging every wrong move I made.

I groaned again, covering my face with my hands. I got off early because I had hurt myself enough to bruise forehead near my hairline. Christ. It was a punch! And I swear I ducked. Just not fast enough, I guess.

"Kill me, and burn my body and if anyone asks, act like I never existed." I grumbled.

Sara rubbed my back sympathetically. Jeff just stuffed his face with God knows what. Lucky goats. They had a free period, whereas me? I just had an embarrassing fiasco and was a social failure.

Nathan was sending me soothing waves of comfort through the bond, and I was ignoring him as much as some one can ignore a tiger that really didn't want you to ignore him. I knew he was jittery, he wanted to leave class with me, but the Coach stood firm saying that only I could leave. Thank God. I was so relieved that he said no that was ready to tap dance because I don't think I could have faced Nathan, I needed time to mourne and recoup. Nathan however, seemed completely annoyed that the Coach wouldn't let him leave, his eyes started glowing and he started growling. The Coach almost seemed scared. I just nudged him, using the bond we had to communicate and all but felt the tiger's ears perk, as Nathan's eyes found mine. I just nodded to show him I was okay, thanked the Coach and got the hell away from there.

I knew that as soon as class ended, he would track me down. I winced. God. My forehead was killing me.

The bell rang. I was tempted to make a run for it.

Sara threw me look. "If you run he'll just chase you, and when he catches you, he'll show you just why he's called soon to be Alpha." she murmured.

I may have walls up, but Sara proved just how strong of a Thinker and a friend she was by being able to guess what I was thinking.

"Kitten." a warm husky voice called.

Oh crap. Oh crap crap crap.

I dropped my head on the table and grumbled. "Go away."

My words came out muffled, but I'm sure he understood. He ignored me though.

"Show me your forehead." he said, placing his hand on my back. The contact, even through my clothes was soothing and addicting.