Chapter 36: As Long As

Truth is stranger than fiction

-Sadly I do not know who said this

Okay, this chapter starts right where the previous chappy ends. So if you wanna brush up with what happened before, go ahead, we'll wait for you.

Aaand enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nathan..." I said.

He shook his head and I stopped, realising he had more to say.

"My mother told me two things that day. One, was that I would be the death of the ones I love and the ones who love me and two, she would do her best to see that it came true."

I licked my lips, realising why all this had come rushing out.

"You think that me being kidnapped was your fault." I said in a flat tone.

He stood up from the bed and paced in front of me, running his hands through his now damp hair.

"You told me she had feelings for me-" he spat out like he was disgusted to even be saying it.

"She was-is-crazy, Nathan. She wanted revenge. The woman called me a parasite for Christ's sake!" I said, exasperated.

Nathan's nostrils flared, his eyes shut and he let out a breath.

"Nathan Stripe." I said, my voice coming out hard and unyielding.

His glowing eyes snapped up to meet mine and a growl escaped from him at my tone.

Containing a smirk at having distracted him, I narrowed my eyes at him, daring him to say something.

"Don't order me around, I'm the Alpha." He growled at me, his eyes still glowing, but I could see the playfulness in them.

I tilted my chin up, defiantly.

"Make me stop." I said.

When he crouched, I felt his tiger take control seconds before the lurched at me and shifted mid air.

I managed to scramble off the bed in time, but Nathan's green eyes traced my movements through the body of a tiger.

I smiled.

"Here kitty kitty..." I goaded.

Nathan bared his teeth in a feral grin, as he leaped off the bed and we circled each other.

I would know the second he decided to leap and would just narrowly miss being caught.

Then, looking into his green glowing eyes...I realized both my mate and I were safe and alive and I loved him more than life itself.

I dropped down to my knees and spread my arms open for him.

He'd been advancing to me when he stopped, one paw in the air halted in mid step. He cocked his head.

I held position, waiting for him to come to me.

He took slow steps to me, like he wasn't sure whether this was a trick.

"What am I going to do, pull your tail?" I asked, rolling my eyes "Come here already."

He leisurely strolled to me, like he had all the time in the world. When he came to me, I wrapped my arms around him with his neck rested against my shoulder. I rubbed my fingers into his fur as he settled his sexy butt on the floor and flicked his tail contentedly back and forth.