Chapter 33: Unexpected Happenings

“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” 
― Mark Twain

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness surrouded me, drew me in, drugged me and drowned me. But it didn't isolate me from the pain that was raking at me with sharp claws.

My sides burned with a fierceness that almost rivaled my feelings for Nathan. My head was pounding like claws were being gauged into it, my eyelids wouldn't respond to my commands and open like I wanted them to. Any conversation I heard were in bits and pieces and didn't make sense to me as my conciousness stayed out of my reach even while seeming close enough to touch. 

"Why...waking...don't...it" a familiar warm voice said.

"She...let..touch her...only you...her."

I slipped into a dark abyss that was now familiar, hoping to escape the torture conciousness subjected me to.

The next time I heard voices, they were raised and grated against my ears and I swear it felt like my brain was done for.

"No way! Not...this-"

"No.. way. You..other choice.."

I fell again, dropping many feet into a black silence.

I was burning. My body was lifting off the bed and being tossed around. My teeth knocked into each other, my nerves were frayed and it felt like fire was burning through my veins.

There was a lot of shouting going on around me and when I felt familiar hands on me, I was ready to beg.

Please help.

Hot breath blew against my ear as I heard a warm voice that reminded me of salvation.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way." he said.

I didn't know what he meant and I didn't think to care. I just wanted this pain..to...stop.

I heard a command and shuffling of feet. Then...silence.

Breath hissed out of me when I felt lips that I know and love press against my cold lips. And just for that moment, everything was okay.

But when sharp points of something unknown pressed against my neck, I didn't know what was happening. 

Reflex kicked in, and I struggled. I settled again when the voice whispered-

"It's just me, baby. Don't struggle."

Automatically, like even unconsciously I knew who it was, I relaxed.

Before I could think, something pierced my neck. I felt my back arch off whatever surface I was lying down in. A prickle of pain registered past the shock and then pleasure and happiness and joy washed through me and I forgot about everything, felt nothing else other than the emotion flooding me...saving me.

It made me forget about the pain ripping through my sides and my head.
I felt a tingling feeling near my neck, before it spread everywhere; from my crown to the tip of my toes. 

Then, again, the voice whispered words in my ear, sounding breathless but steady. They sounded like serious words. But I could not understand them. Then they stopped, and the voice spoke.

"I've got you, Kitten. I've got you, baby."

Arms wrapped around me and warm breath brushed against my lips and slid into me, heating me from inside.