Chapter 12: No Such Thing

“I miss your fragrance, sometimes I miss it this much that I can clearly smell you in the air.” 

― Qaisar Iqbal Janjua

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some things in life are taken for granted. Like breathing. What could three minutes of no air do to you?

Nothing good. That's for sure.

I turned on the bed to look down at Nathan, who's green eyes stared right back at me, from his make-shift bed on the floor. His hands were folded under his head, his discarded black shirt tossed somewhere on the floor of his room.

Something I'd done.

I took in my Mate's tousled dark hair, contended but cocky expression, his Jean clad legs folded as his green eyes assessing me hotly.

"I can't believe you ditched me alone on this big bed." I asked.

"With the way you were looking at me, if I hadn't left the bed, your virtue wouldn't have been intact this morning." he said, throwing me a sly glance.

I raised my eyebrows.

"Wow, don't filter things or anything." I said.

He just rolled his eyes, and turned to look at the ceiling, seemingly content.

"Come here." I said, crooking a finger at him.

He shook his head at me.

"No, thanks. I'd like my virtue intact." he said, smirking.

I snorted, and turned to lay across the bed breadthwise, letting my head fall off the bed and looked at him upside down.

"Please?" I asked, pouting.

He let out a low guttural sound, as he considered me, my hair falling to the floor.

"I'm never letting you back in here," he said, even as he got up and kneeled in front of me, burrying his hands in my hair, "you're too tempting."

I lifted my hands and buried my fingers in his soft, dark locks, pulling him to me.

He placed his lips against mine, taking small nips and pecks of it. I arched off the bed a little, in search of more.

He let out a small groan.

"You're so bloody drugging." he said.

I knew what he meant, as I pressed my mouth harder against his, demanding everything he had even while getting consumed in him. I was in need of him like an addict in need of a fix. But he kept moving back, torturing me, drugging me...owning me.

I let out an annoyed sound and he chuckled. I pulled at his head.

"Come closer." I urged, trying to lift my head to him.

"Stop moving." he commanded in return, his eyes flickering to and fro between my eyes and mouth.

I let go of his hair and turned around, my hair falling on either sides of my face. I huffed at him, my breath ruffling the hair at his forehead.

"Nathan." I said, coating his name with annoyance and the urgency I was feeling.

He sat back on his heels, tracing my eyebrows, nose, eyes, and mouth with his fingers.

I jutted my lower lip out at him. I slipped off the bed and sat in front of him. I hooked my fingers in the belt hoops of his jean pants, hoping to tug him forward with this as leverage. But he was too damn strong.