Chapter 5

DANNIE'S P.O.V

Look around me. It's a mess. I woke up every morning to a ton of stuff I should pack into box. My room started to feel a lot colder. It's like a winter here. I had too much spaces in here and I hated it. The only ones left were my personal belongings, such as music box and books. It's just few days away from Laredo.

What's worse? I've asked Toby not to come over because it's better off this way. But he kept coming. Before and after tour rehearsal. He'll be on Summer Tour with Fifth Harmony, but between those tight schedule he'd always find a time for me, to stop over, to bring two cups of Starbucks and two chocolate muffins - our kind of thing.

"It's getting empty." He pinched a bite of his muffin.

"It is indeed." I sighed. "Dammit."

"Promise me Dan, you're gonna be online 24/7 on Skype and on every single social media where I can find you anytime."

"Tobs." I chuckled in tears. "You have a life."

"Stop telling me that because I start hating mine."

"Don't do that. We've talked about this. Music first."

"Wrong. It's always us first, music follows."

"Wrong now. Because I'm gonna be thousand miles away, so you have to man up and face the reality by your own self." I put my head on his shoulder. "My best friend can do that."

"Do you know what hurts?"

"Hmm?" I swept my tears away, forced to swallow this muffin I couldn't taste anymore.

"As hurtful as it is to leave, it is harder to be the one who's left off."

"No, Toby stop it." I shook my head.

"Best friend?" He chuckled in disappointment.

"That's what we are."

He intertwined our fingers. We sat down on the floor, with muffin in one hand and squeezed each other hands, shed the same hurtful tears. I saw Mom walking back and forth with my room door opened. She cried. But didn't do anything either. It's already been too far. There's no turning back.

"Honey? Lunch's ready." Mom shouted slowly from the kitchen.

"Let's go." I grabbed his hand.

"I want to use your bathroom first. Meet you downstairs." He smiled.

"Oh okay. Don't take too long."

I joined Mom for lunch's finishing touch and sat on the dining table. Later, Toby walked downstairs still with his frowning face but now slightly happier. We ate together with eyes on TV but I bet we're barely watching. I'd be leaving in two days and the band would be having full rehearsal day before tour. It's getting crazier and more frustrating that we seemed to have very lack of time together. I even haven't seen Connor or Riley in three days because they couldn't make it to my house and I've been too busy packing.

"What time the rehearsal will be started tomorrow?" I took his glass and poured some water.

"Probably at ten, I'm not sure. Connor hasn't decided."

"At home?"

"Yeah."

I sat closer to him in the living room because Mom was cleaning the kitchen. "May I?"

"Whoa." His eyes were sparkling in happiness. "Can you?"

"I'll find a way." I nodded.

"Of course. Definitely. I'll tell the boys you're coming. They'll be so happy."

"Ssh, don't be too loud." I slapped his cheek. "Haha. Let's see if tomorrow's possible."

"It should be possible."

"I'll try."

He stared into my eyes. "Yes. It should be possible."

Toby later left my house before dinner time. We've checked Dad's working schedule lately. I didn't want Toby to be in a situation where Dad could tell him anything about Laredo or discuss how I should deal with this. I didn't need that. So he left before my Dad's home.

"Mom, Dad, last box." I put down my last packed stuff in the living room.

"Good." Dad nodded. "Handy man will carry that tomorrow."

"I've finished with everything. Can I go out tomorrow morning?"

"Toby?" Mom replied.

There was a voice in my head telling I should be lying. But what's the point. "Yes. They deserve a goodbye."

"It'll just hurt you honey." Dad walked toward me. "Let it go."

"It has indeed been hurtful." I stepped back.

"Let her go." Mom smiled at me. "She knows how to handle herself. Don't you Dannie?"

"Finally." I rolled my eyes.

I've set a plan. I woke up this morning with a slight joyful thought that I should make the last day of my life here in Orlando amazing. Still 6:30 AM, I was already slipping on my Converse and hopping on my bike. I've texted Toby to wait for me outside so we wouldn't wake anyone.

"Thank goodness you made it." He welcomed me with a giant hug.

"I should. There is no better thing to do today. Are they still sleeping?"

"Yeah. But Connor's about to wake up, I guess."

"You're still sleepy. Go back to sleep. I'll cook breakfast."

He helped me to get my bicycle to the right place. "What did I tell you about spending time with you? No I won't sleep."

I smiled. He meant it. "Cooking with me?"

"Absolutely!"

We soon turned Joan's kitchen upside down. She laughed when she found out who's cooking in her kitchen. Joan ended up taking care of laundry as I continued making breakfast. Later, Mark joined us here and got served by Toby. Today was a brighter day. I laughed a lot. Joan and Mark were kind enough to let me stay and do anything I wanted today.

"Dannie?" Riley rubbed his eyes. "Is that you?"

"Do I look like somebody else?" I chuckled.

"You here!" Riley jumped to me and lifted me up from the ground. "Not moving out, right?"

I bowed my head. I wish.

"Ri." Toby signed something but I saw it.

"I wish you wouldn't go." Riley hugged me once again.

"I wish." I nodded. "It's tomorrow."

"Damn." He stepped back.

"Can you please invite everybody here for a party?" Toby helped me end the conversation.

"Sure." Connor waved from the stairs.

"Thanks guys." I shed a tear. "Thank you."