EPILOGUE

DANNIE'S P.O.V

"It was the first day I tried to walk around Laredo. Ended up sitting on a park bench somewhere downtown. Adam...he approached me. Said he owned that bench for the sake of some writing vibes. We turned friends quickly. I was even amazed by his ability to approach me when I built a high wall. He did a good Starbucks and ice cream hang. He became such a helper, a tour guide. He showed me this one good public school to go to. That's where I was going, and... He..."

"One of them?"

"Set up." I sniffed. "Can you believe how stupid I am? I was like having nothing in mind. I just trusted him."

"He made you feel so."

I stared at his eyes. Still the same worthy guy I cried over nights for. I thank God for sending him again for me, through the best decision my parents have ever made, so that I could feel better. Here's where I belong.

"I'm gonna have therapy twice a week." I smiled. "Hope it's working though."

"It will." Toby nodded excitedly. "And during our break, I'll be driving you everywhere and get you a ton of ice cream, til you stop asking for one."

"Haha. You're the man." I punched his chest playfully.

"Hey you know what? I wanna let you hear something. Come here."

Toby asked me to lay down with him in his comfy bed. He was holding the guitar, strumming randomly. I've always loved the way he did that. It comforted me.

Loving can hurt
Loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard
You know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

"Toby..." I stuttered, already drowning in my own tears stream.

"I know. Just let me continue this." He kissed my forehead gently.

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket
Of your ripped jeans
Holdin' me closer
'Til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone
Wait for me to come home

Loving can heal
Loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know (know)
I swear it will get easier
Remember that with every piece of ya
And it's the only thing we take with us when we die

We keep this love in this photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Our hearts were never broken
Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket
Of your ripped jeans
Holdin' me closer
'Til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone

And if you hurt me
That's OK, baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go

Wait for me to come home

Oh you can fit me
Inside the necklace you got when you were 16
Next to your heartbeat
Where I should be
Keep it deep within your soul

And if you hurt me
Well, that's OK, baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go

When I'm away
I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost
Back on 6th street
Hearing you whisper through the phone,
"Wait for me to come home."

I didn't realize that my tears were going down too fast, I made his pillows wet. But it was the most beautiful thing a person has ever done to me. I didn't want this to end. I wanted him to keep singing to my ears, as we're holding our each others album.

It got us approached a deeper stare to each others eyes every second. Toby slowly leaned his guitar on the wall by his side. Hands on cheeks. Warm.

We're kissing.

"You know." He untied our lips.

"Same question goes to you." I whispered.

"I just can't anymore."

"So can't I, Toby..."

That's what meant to be. Back here in Orlando, kissed somebody who really means a whole world to you, that you know you could never live without, the one you could slap at anytime because he's just that weird but at the end of the day you know you couldn't be able to fall asleep without having him in mind.

We nodded to each others eyes. Without a question. We've figured that out at heart. Let's not do cliche moment here. That nod says it all. Our hearts were on the same page now.

Please somebody, freeze the time for me.