Chapter 7

DANNIE'S P.O.V

And I was here. Laredo. Its cold unfriendly wind blew my hair as I walked out of the plane. This was where I belong, they said so. I've missed Orlando multiple times by now. I wish I could tie myself on that seat to be flown back to my home. But how, my parents kept pushing my back to walk forward.

"Stay here. I'm taking baggage." Dad took a trolley.

"Bathroom." I spoke slowly to Mom.

"Don't take too long Dan!"

I waved to sign 'yeah I got it'. My parents have been endlessly repeating the same thing about Laredo that it's gonna be nice and I'm gonna love it. None of those things I ever carefully listened to. Once a threat, would be forever a threat. I felt insecure already at this ladies toilet in airport that should've been completely fine. I felt like being tortured and pushed to be somebody else I'm not. How could people say it's normal when they're roaming around in fake?

I turned my phone. More than 20 notifications. Most of them were Toby's. I shook my head. This should not happen. I would just torture us even worst. I decided to keep it back in bag, as I was thinking what to do next with us.

My parents packed up the baggage to next met a handyman who took care of the rest of our stuff. It's been organized, he said. I don't care. Just someone please kidnap me.

"Here we go." Mom opened the door. "Welcome to the new house."

I glanced around. Not interested.

"Unpack your own stuff. We're having pizza for dinner." She pointed upstairs. "First room on your right."

"Thanks."

I walked upstairs and unlocked this door. Soon I got all white walls that they said would be my room. Exhale. I almost cried. Nonna's house was also in this neighborhood. How could it not tell me what my life would possibly become?

To: Tobes♥
Just landed. Thanks for checking.

Damn. The shortest text I've ever sent to him. Too short compared to his endless calls. I broke my own heart. I wanted to come back.

See? Yes. Incoming call.

"Hey." I cleared my throat, my voice was vanished to silent cry. "Hey you."

"Where have you been? Should've been landed an hour ago."

"Running out of battery. You guys' new songs got me feels during flight." I tried to make joke. Oh big fail.

"I miss you."

"I miss you more."

"But you don't understand."

One deep breath we shared together. "You know that I know."

"It's different."

"I feel that too." I whispered.

"Take care Dannie."

"Always do." I bowed my head, couldn't hold anymore tears. "I gotta go unpack this before they come and check me."

"Alright." A deep tone of disappointment. "Talk to you later."

"Bye bye."

"Bye."

The rest of day I spent unpacking things that I swear I wish could keep inside the box. The more I tried to manage, the more it felt real. And I hate it. To make it worse, Mom asked me to have a walk tomorrow by myself and see if I could gain something new in Laredo. By new she meant a new life. Pathetically, it doesn't even sound tempting to me.

"Can I come in?" Dad stood by my half opened door.

"Sure."

"You like white?"

Is that even a question?

"I do like white."

"A little Tumblr? Like the one you always want in your room back in Orlando?" Dad walked around. "Well, this is much better than Orlan..."

"Stop it please." I groaned in tears. But obviously he didn't find out I was crying.

"You'll like it here."

Dad rubbed my back. He finally saw me crying. But didn't bother to check if I was okay. He calmed me down without saying a word. Then left saying I should meet them downstairs because Mom needed help.

Life is rude, then.