Chapter 6

DANNIE'S P.O.V

We played til midnight. Oh wrong, til almost four in the morning I bet. It was amazing. Joan and Mark let us rule the house because it's their 24th wedding anniversary and they decided to have a day for themselves. Thomas Ryan Chris Braiden and Nick came over to stay. What we didn't do actually. Nothing. We messed around with popcorns, phone prank-ed Tayler and some other friends, did Webcam, then ended up falling asleep on each others feet. This morning I woke up to a bunch of popcorns on my face. Connor, who was awake five minutes later, helped me putting some whipped cream on these losers' faces. Haha. It was amazing.

Til a phone call ruined it all.

"Where are you? Nobody said you can sleepover!"

"We're going now! Come home!"

"I said now!"

Connor heard it all. Mom and Dad's shouts. I know, I didn't tell them I'd sleepover at McDonough. But what's the point. They wouldn't let me anyway. It was more likely a runaway thing before moving out. I need a space to appreciate whole things I got in Orlando. That after today, my life would never be the same anymore.

I mean, adults should realize it too. That I'm just a fragile 16-year-old girl.

"I'm sorry." I swept tears on my cheek. "Your shirt, I make it wet."

"I would never put this on laundry. It's yours." Connor chuckled. "We're gonna miss you so much Dan."

"Me too Con, me too."

He squeezed me. Never let go of me for even a second. Later, they all woke up. Then it's time. I said goodbye to each and every single beautiful face in here. It's the hardest. No. It's horrible.

"I'm gonna walk you home." Toby grabbed my hand.

"No. Just don't. You'll make it worse. They don't have to see you and find out where I was last night."

"I thought it's obvious?"

"Yeah. But we don't need them to..."

"Lecture you." Toby nodded. "I miss you so much Dannie. I already do."

"Likewise." I whispered.

With pounding head and watery eyes, I stared at them. They replied me with all same complicated expression. Riley bowed his head all the time to my wristband I gave him, and to Connor and Toby as well. Ryan stared at my phone case that we traded last night where I was now wearing his. Thomas smiled bitterly. I gifted him drum sticks he's been dreaming to have. Chris and Nick, I left them a total of more than 20 stupid selfies on each of their phones. I also gifted Braiden a box of new magic cards.

Toby, he didn't accept anything I tried to gift him. To him our memory was already way too beautiful. Instead, he let me have the album of his, as trade for my album that's now in his room. With that, we could still stare at each other's silly faces at anytime. Lastly, finally, Toby and I had a couple of costumized matched wristbands, written 'He's Mine' and 'She's Mine'. Stupidly weird. But now, it didn't feel that way. It felt exactly the way it was.

"Take care you guys. Say hi to Tayler, I might not be able to call her later." I hugged them all. "Let me know if any of you ever be in Laredo for even an hour. I'd come over."

"Come back soon." Riley noted back.

"You know I'm trying." I kissed his cheek. "Oh, send my loves to the parents as well."

"Sure thing, girly." Connor lifted me up to my toes.

"Bye! Bye all! Bye Toby!"

I buried my head inside his chest. It's beating too fast. Same as mine. We shed that same tears again. The guys left us alone slowly back to their room. Now it's only me and Toby tried to gain ourselves back.

"I need to go."

"Don't."

"Tobs, I can't..."

"Don't!" He tightened his grip. "I realized it's gonna be too hard without you."

"You'll get used to it."

I kissed his cheek. Then immediately went to the garage where Toby parked my bicycle yesterday. The longer I stayed, the more it'd hurt us. I should let go. Laredo might be more friendly by now. Besides, I've packed myself with full of their old and new - even unreleased songs for my companion, includes Like The Movies' and Braiden's.

"But Dannie," Toby stopped me. "Will you?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you get used to live without me?"

I could see a blink at the corner of his eyes telling he's crying again. But I couldn't stop now. Beep on my phone has been getting crazier. Mom and Dad wanted me to come home no later than now.

"You know me the most." I whispered. "Bye bye."

He mouthed something when I pushed myself to bike this thing off to the corner of the street. I got that, what he said. And I mouthed it back in heart. Deep down because I couldn't let that come out from my mouth. Otherwise, things would be a thousand times harder.

I love you too, Toby.