Chapter 11

DANNIE'S P.O.V

First day of regular school. I made it during the half of first semester as senior. Weird. I barely knew anything about this school yet these people in the building considered me as one of their seniors. Some bullied kids - well yeah I could somewhat tell who're bullied and who're not - always threw their most genuine smile whenever we walked pass each other. Like they're scared of me. Being seen as senior sucks. I don't do bullies.

So yes. This was Adam's recommendation. I finally told my parents that time, after long exhausting debate about regular and online school. I told them that if they really forced me to go to school, this should be the one. I heard Adam has a good record in this environment. He offered me any helps necessary.

"Morning, class!" The teacher came in. "New student, please stand up."

I looked around. Oh. "Yes Sir."

"Name?"

"Estrada."

"First name."

"Dayana."

"Where you came from?"

"Orlando, Florida."

He read my education history where it's all written. The teacher did confirmation of some things he has had the resume already.

"Never been to regular school?" He stared at me through that thick glasses.

"Last time was primary." I cleared my throat.

"So you did primary then never did school anymore, til recently? Hahaha."

Oh damn. Not again.

The sassiness I recognized the most. There you go. Rude world will always be rude world. Some guys and girls behind me laughed at a joke someone threw on the table. Amazingly the teacher didn't bother to shush them. What is it with people and their willingness to appreciate?

"Online school... Well you got good marks." This professor in front of me still summarized my background. "English score at its best."

"Wow smart girl. Wanna be my girlfriend, you Florida hottie?"

Another stupid joke from behind me. This was the worst. I couldn't go back to sit on my chair because the teacher took very long minutes to summarize. In the mean time, everybody started commenting rude things about me. Even this simple all-black tee and jeans didn't work for them.

"Okay. You may have your seat, Miss Estrada." The teacher released me, at last.

Then the class started. Wrong. My horrible life started. I wouldn't blame Adam for convincing me to go to this school, but he's wrong at one piece of advice he once gave me. That people's nature doesn't really change. This world has probably more population of negative people than the positive ones. And I was trapped in the middle of it til approximately the next seven or eight months.

"Wanna get going to the coffee shop, hottie?"

A guy approached me. He had tattoos on his arms that he tried to hide during class. Inappropriate look on his eyes. I wanted to run away.

"Hey I'm talking to you!" He slammed the table.

"Don't even think about talking to me like that!" I slammed back. "Back off."

"Oh you got the move... I like sassy girls."

"Get out of here."

Some girls behind me did a whispery talk. Seemed they tried to gain this guy's attention. Oh some sort of stupid bad boy. Whatever.

The muscly guy finally left me. He didn't argue. Just took a deep breath after one unwanted undeniable fight, I was packing my books to move to the next class.

"Diane... Deanna... Uh whatsoever it is." One tall girl walked my way. Jesus. What again. "Behave girl. Own yourself. Wes is the most good looking guy in this school. Stop being bitchy."

"Oh so it's Wes." I noted my sarcasm. "Or else?"

"You'll end up horribly. Bad things happen to girls who mess up with him." She spoke closely to my ears. "Bad things."

I held my breath. What now, should I hire a guard to keep me safe? What is this? Shouldn't school be the safest place on earth? She might not succeed to threaten me, but I could feel the sense of it. I should be very careful.

Finally. First day was over. Damn it took too long. I immediately ran to the closest bus station and sat there among some company workers. I should be safe here.

"Hey hottie! Get inside!"

There I saw Wes with his gang pulled over their car by the station. I tried to look away. I haven't gotten my bus and it's been fifteen minutes. Gosh I should've just took a walk.

"Get in! You won't get the bus! I'll ride you home!"

"Just get off from my face!" I yelled back.

Suddenly one of them opened the back door and pulled me in. I tried so hard to fight back. These guys were softball players. Big muscly hands I could never win over. They got my mouth covered. And eyes too. All black. It smelled horrible inside. They took me somewhere I couldn't guess.

Mom, told you I don't like it here.