11 | dolphinus

❝ Tolerance and compassion are qualities of fearless people

❝ Tolerance and compassion are qualities of fearless people. ❞ -Paulo Coelho

   The days, which I feared would drag, were actually flying by at the blink of an eye

The days, which I feared would drag, were actually flying by at the blink of an eye. Living with Sibi and Michael was tough in the beginning-they always tried to find a way to make me tell them information about myself, and I caught them talking about me several times when they thought I wasn't around.

But eventually, I got used to it. After all, even this different way of living was a thousand times better than my dull muggle life. Besides, I couldn't be mad at Michael (who said he preferred being called Mike rather than by his full name). He had offered me a place to stay when I was lost and hopeless in the middle of the street, and I liked him way better than Sibi.

There was something about him that made me respect him more than his best friend; perhaps it was the fact that, just like me, he wasn't pretentious and would choose not to tell the truth over lying and not smiling back if he didn't feel like it over flashing a huge false grin like Sibi did.

Even if his sentences were short and his words scarce, he didn't sugarcoat them or use a sickly sweet tone of voice like her. The more we talked, the more comfortable he became around me and his shyness kept diminishing by the day. He'd stutter less, he wouldn't flinch when I passed him by and he was less afraid of expressing himself.

I had also gotten used to many things that happened at Mike's home. Such as the stiff, uncomfortable couch I slept on, the lack of warm water in the bathroom, Sibi's constant questions, the location of the house which was far from any village or city, and even Oswald June's weird disappearances during the day. When I asked Mike where he went, his answer was always the same short and simple one, 'Somewhere'.

That afternoon, after finishing my meal, I decided to explore the garden. Just one look at it and it wasn't difficult to see why Mike came here every summer. The breathtaking sight of the flowerbed was enough to make you fall in a heavenly slumber; from the exquisite pink roses to the chalky white waterlilies that had blossomed in the middle of a small pond. The perfect scenery to sit and meditate in.