20 | arcadia

❝ One day, everyone will realize that it's not about being perfect; it's about being happy

❝ One day, everyone will realize that it's not about being perfect; it's about being happy. ❞

   I woke up at the sunlight shining in through the window and blinding my vision

I woke up at the sunlight shining in through the window and blinding my vision. I squirmed my eyes open, stretching as I took an observing look around.

   Wait, this wasn't my usual small bedroom in the tent that consisted of nothing but a wide bed, a night table and a closet. This was the girls' dormitory in the Gryffindor Tower. I was at freaking Hogwarts!

   I swung my legs over the side of the bed sprightly and approached the large window, which was bathed in the warm morning sunlight. The sight of the Forbidden Forest captured my attention almost immediately. Its trees were so dense and rough-looking that I was surprised they still existed after all these years.

   Hagrid's Hut could be spotted quite easily as well, mostly because of the large bright orange pumpkins that consumed the biggest part of his garden. His Hippogriff, Buckbeak, was peacefully sleeping there.

   After getting up from my bed and having a quick shower, I changed into my Gryffindor robes, slinging the strap of my book bag across my shoulder. Then I took a look at myself in the long mirror, my lips stretching out in a wide smile.

   Hair pulled back in a ponytail, clad in black wizard robes with the Gryffindor emblem on them, wand in pocket — I looked like a real witch. My emerald green eyes also seemed to be sparkling more brightly than ever as a golden ray of sunlight shone down on them.

   No, I hadn't changed. I had just found out where I belonged.

   Regardless of how early it was, I tiptoed out of the girls' dorm quietly so that I didn't wake anyone up, deciding to explore the castle a little bit. I made my way out of the portrait hole and went up a flight of stairs; then took a turn on the left. A sudden idea popped into my head and I made up my mind to go to the Owlery and send a letter to mum back home.

   No matter how badly she had hurt me, I was aware that I had hurt her too, so since we were even now, I decided to forgive her. Maybe she was dying to hear from me, so I thought it was better to drop a line.