16 | are there still beautiful things?

❝ In another universe, the sky is always pink and I didn't leave three people for you, and in another one the trees grow downwards with their roots in the air, and in another one, we meet in the middle of the street at the age of six while chasing...

❝ In another universe, the sky is always pink and I didn't leave three people for you, and in another one the trees grow downwards with their roots in the air, and in another one, we meet in the middle of the street at the age of six while chasing the same butterfly. ❞ - bonemeadows on tumblr

   The sight of Greg flying frantically around the ceiling fan greeted me as soon as I walked into my messy bedroom at The Leaky Cauldron

The sight of Greg flying frantically around the ceiling fan greeted me as soon as I walked into my messy bedroom at The Leaky Cauldron. He hooted in anger, black eyes zeroing in on me.

"Oh, come on, Greg," I said. "You can't be mad at me forever. You know I love you, buddy. Now get into your cage, we're leaving."

As if understanding what I just told him, Greg stopped his circled flight around the room and returned to his cage, flapping his wings jubilantly.

Though I wanted to leave before it got dark, it took me about half an hour to clean my room, because I didn't want to call the housekeeper and I still hadn't mastered that damned Cleaning Spell, so I had to organize my stuff in the muggle way, how I'd done it all my life. Many useless things ended up in the garbage bin, but even after all the decluttering, my suitcase was jam-packed with all the stuff I'd bought in Diagon Alley, and I had to sit on it to get the zipper to close.

Thankfully, I did learn how to cast a Lightweight Spell, so I went ahead and charmed my suitcase because it had become twice as heavy as when I ran away from home. I had a lot of traveling in mind, so the easier it was to carry, the better. The last thing I needed was for my arms to go limp from dragging all that weight around from place to place.

When I finished packing and cleaning, I grabbed Greg's cage and my room key, and made my way downstairs to check out. Tom, the barman asked me where I was heading-he must have figured out I had no permanent place to stay, given that I'd spent all this time in Diagon Alley instead of my own house or at a friend's place-so I gave him a brief summary of my (barely existent) traveling plans. Clearly, he figured out I didn't have much of those, judging by the concerned look on his face.

I would've cursed my pathetic inability to lie, if it weren't for its ending up working to my advantage this time. Tom gave me a brochure of wizarding towns and famous visitor hotspots around, as well as some traveling tips that I could really benefit from. He was even generous enough to give me his old tent that he said he no longer used. I tried not to let my excitement show, thanked the kind old man as I completed the payment for my stay, and walked out of the building.