21 | sweet dreams

❝ True beauty is not of the body or of the face, no, it is a thing of the soul — of fire and air, breath and spirit, something brave and unafraid

❝ True beauty is not of the body or of the face, no, it is a thing of the soul — of fire and air, breath and spirit, something brave and unafraid. ❞ — Segovia Amil

   After an hour of talking and cracking jokes while enjoying the sunset, Sibi, Mike and I finally picked up our schoolbags and headed to the library

After an hour of talking and cracking jokes while enjoying the sunset, Sibi, Mike and I finally picked up our schoolbags and headed to the library. It was just the first day and we didn't have much work to do (thankfully), but we spent two hours in the library nonetheless, just because I couldn't bring myself to leave that place.

   The library was enormous, containing tens of thousands of books and tomes on thousands of shelves, all separated into their respective sections. Being the huge bookworm that I was, I couldn't leave without having a look around (and by 'a look' I mean going through as many books as my friends allowed me to). When we eventually left — much to my disliking — Sibi and Mike sighed audibly in relief, saying that if I continued behaving like this each time we'd be going to the library, they'd think twice before deciding to come.

   The amount of homework we received the following day was pretty much the same and the day wasn't very eventful. Nothing worth being mentioned happened, well apart from the Quidditch tryouts in the afternoon. Mike had his first tryouts for the new year because he had been Seeker of the Gryffindor Quidditch team the previous year, but that didn't guarantee whether he'd keep the position this year too or not.

   Since I had always been a big lover of this wonderful wizards' sport, I followed him down to the Quidditch pitch, leaving Sibi alone in the common room. We told her to come with us but she found Quidditch a 'waste of time' and the only times she did come to watch her best friend playing was during matches.

   The captain of the team, Coby Stanley, was a sixth-year boy who was also the Keeper of the team. Although Mike told me he was quite trained, hard-working and a very good player, there were many traits of his personality that annoyed the rest of his teammates, such as his obstinate persistence, his short temper, and obnoxiously excessive ambition that always put others under major pressure.

   I wanted to try out for the position of a Chaser since I was a huge Quidditch lover and I felt as though this position was perfect for me. I loved scoring goals, being in control of the Quaffle and I was a pretty agile flier too.