30 | medicated

❝ I am a sacred mess, a hallowed shambles, a consecrated muddle, a holy fusion of life's dance and her chaos, and for the first time in my life I don't want to tidy or fix a thing

❝ I am a sacred mess, a hallowed shambles, a consecrated muddle, a holy fusion of life's dance and her chaos, and for the first time in my life I don't want to tidy or fix a thing. ❞ — S. C. Lourie

   "Alright everybody," said professor Umphassen as the bell sounded

"Alright everybody," said professor Umphassen as the bell sounded. "For homework, I want you to write an essay on the properties of healing plants. See you on Friday."

I sighed in relief as I thrusted my books hastily into my bag and rushed out of the greenhouse with Mike following behind. Though I usually enjoyed professor Umphassen's lessons, today I'd been anxiously waiting for lunch break, so I could run to the girls' dormitory and check on Sibi. Both Mike and I had been too worried to be attentive in any of our classes today.

Mr. Rollick — our Transfiguration's teacher and the one I despised the most — caught us whispering to each-other during his lesson and took ten points off Gryffindor. Nothing you wouldn't expect from Rollick, really.

"Do you think she's in the Gryffindor Tower?" Mike asked as we thrusted our way irascibly through the overpacked crowd of students. "She could be in the Hospital Wing, you know."

"I think Sibi would be more mature than to go straight up to Madame Pomfrey and just let her know she's a Werewolf, Mike."

"Good point," he replied.

   We kept running till we finally reached the portrait hole. Earlier today, we considered checking for Sibi in the forest, but when we arrived there before breakfast, Sibi was nowhere to be seen. She probably had entered the castle before anyone was up so that no one could see her or something. Being the shrewd girl she really was, that seemed like something Sibi would do.

"Password?" asked the Fat Lady. She gave us both curious looks because we were panting after all that frantic running.

"L-Lumos," I said, trying to catch my breath. "Lumos Maxima."

The portrait opened up. Mike and I rushed inside at full speed once again, calling out Sibi's name.

"I'm going upstairs to check if she's there," I said.