| ¥ A Letter for RW ¥ |

09/11/00

"Dear Rian,

I was young and naïve when I got in my car and drove away from the only person who truly loved me.

I didn't know at the time that a love that strong only comes once in life. She knew me better than I knew myself.

She brought out a side of me that I didn't know existed, until it fell in love with her.

She taught me how to dance and how to cook and in return, I taught her how to have fun and to take chances.

We were an incredible duo, finding happiness in the smallest of things.

However, times change and so do people.

As the time neared for me to leave for the air force, our relationship became strained and full of secrets.

I cannot blame her for her doubts about me. She grew thin and tired of trying to get me to talk and I grew tired of being asked pointless questions.

Every time the word 'stupid' or 'useless' left my lips, the light dimmed more in her beautiful brown eyes.

It was my fault we fell apart; just as it was my fault she was in the car that night. 

I can't change what happened but I can choose where to go from here.

I loved Edyth Swan the way anybody loved their other halves; with all of my being.

And I'll never stop trying to make up for what I did.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Attwood."