08 | Intoxicated Speeches

Loving Edyth SwanChapter Eight

Loving Edyth Swan
Chapter Eight

13/05/94

River Reyes and his spontaneous parties for no absolute reason.

The music was obnoxiously loud, causing the windows to shake. The graduating class of '97 were enjoying the stress free life before adding university to the mix.

Majority of people were already smashed off their faces and that was the beauty of it.

Jonathan Attwood had once disagreed but since Edyth Swan had entered his life, the parties kept on coming and so did the fun.

River and Kishan believed her to be great company, as she had a way of making Jonathan come out of his shell.

"Are we going to do shots or what?"

The scream came from Edyth's best friend, Rian Williams.

"Fuck yeah," River shouted back with a wink.

He had been hitting on Rian all summer in hopes she would be his last fling before heading off to college in August.

It didn't seem to be working.

Rian rolled her eyes, "Tequila?"

"I hate tequila," commented Edyth with a shake of her head.

She gestured to the still-full bottle of Vodka instead.

"This is the kind of shots I wanna be doing all night."

"Did somebody say body shots?"

"Shut up, River," shoved Jonathan as he began pouring everybody a tequila shot except the girl he was dying to ask out.

He was falling harder for her than he had ever fallen for anybody in his life. They had been hanging out a lot in the last six months, partying together all night long, almost every weekend.

And yet, Jonathan was still too scared to make her his.

"Got room for one more person?" Simona asked, looking over at Kishan.

He blushed, taking a step back. River had invited her to every party since school was out, in hopes Kishan would get over his fear or the crush he had - one of the two.

It looked like all the boys were having trouble with the girls they were after.

"Pick your poison," River remarked with a smirk, gesturing at the options on the table in front of them.