04 | The Party of the Year

Loving Edyth SwanChapter Four

Loving Edyth Swan
Chapter Four

20/11/93

Jonathan Attwood hated drunk, teenagers fawning over each other with loud music blaring in the background.

Parties were the bane of his existence and he always thought he wouldn't be caught dead attending one.

However, today, he was biting his tongue as he regretfully accepted the invitation to Simona Blackbourn's 18th birthday party.

It was supposed to be the party of the year.

It was during their year twelve, right as exams were knocking on their doors, and everybody knew that it was their last chance to have fun.

Jonathan didn't agree but he let his two friends drag him along anyway.

Their year was stressful enough and he had somehow managed to pass up until this point. Every students' future was riding on the end of year exams, to depict which university they would get into and what courses were open for them to study.

Unfortunately, none of Jonathan's friends believed studying was very important. They were both on the high school's basketball team, alongside Jonathan, and believed they'd get a scholarship into their dream university.

Jonathan was sure they'd both take scholarships in America, only because there was more opportunity for college ball over there than there was here in Melbourne, Australia.

River Reyes was the basketball captain and Jonathan's best friend. River had a knack for shooting three-pointers that always won the boys' their game.

They were on top of the ladder, enjoying every moment of their success. This funnily enough made them the coolest guys in school and complete chick magnets.

Jonathan had always been a little awkward with the ladies unlike River. His best mate was the complete opposite of him.

He may have had the looks and the skills of a basketball legend, but he was as dumb as a brick. Jonathan always remembered that in a fondly way.

He was still his best friend after all despite lacking a brain at times. River had long, brown hair that he tied up whenever he played basketball and piercing blue eyes.

Kishan Porter, the smartest one of the three, was Jonathan's other mate. He was destined to get the highest ATAR score while still managing to play basketball averagely.

He was cute in his own way. He had black hair, dark skin and brown eyes. He was the one who always came up with the game plays and River always executed it perfectly.

Jonathan was a fairly good basketball player, but he knew all the credit was really earned by River in the skill department while the brain department was always Kishan's set of skills.