Full Moon Madness

"I'm sorry Hayden," Aspen apologized over the phone to her best friend. "I cant hang out tonight.."

She felt horribly guilty for ditching her best friend on the last day before school started, but it was a full moon. And her boyfriend was a werewolf who needed her.

After seven months of Liam being a werewolf, he was finally adjusting to it. He almost had complete control on full moons, he could produce claws with a flick of his wrist, and could contain his shifts.

"Seriously?" Hayden sighed. "Tonight's the last night before school starts-"
"I know Hayden," Aspen replied, looking at Liam beside her. They were sitting in the back of Stiles's jeep, waiting for the sun to set and for him to be chained to a tree.

"I'm sorry.. Really I am," she told her. Aspen could practically hear Hayden roll her eyes. "Whatever. See you tomorrow.." The line went dead and Aspen sighed.

Liam put an arm around her and she leaned her head on his shoulder. "I just wish I could tell her," she groaned into his shirt. "They said you could," Liam replied, referring to Scott and Stiles.

"Yeah well," she said, "They also said you could tell Mason, but I don't see you doing much of that." Liam laughed. "You're grumpy on full moons," he teased.

She rolled her eyes at him, muttering a quick "shut up" before gently grabbing his chin. He kissed her softly at first, but as they continued, the moment got more heated and she swung a leg around him to straddle his waist, hands pressing his lips closer. Liam hands traveled from her waist to her legs and Aspen shivered, loving the feeling of his warm hands on her skin.

The door popped open and Stiles wrinkled his nose at the couple. "Okay," he said, "Let's not do that in the Jeep."

Aspen peeled herself off of Liam and sighed. "I don't think Jimmy the Jeep minds all that much. He's a Jeep."

Stiles scoffed and looked at her as Scott climbed in next. "Okay, one, his name is Roscoe, and two, I meant I don't want to see it. You guys are so gross."

"I think they're cute," Scott commented as Stiles fired up the engine. "Thank you Scott," Aspen threw her arms up, settling into the seat again, lacing Liam's hand through her's.

"This coming from the guy who almost killed his girlfriend after their first date," Stiles dead panned as they drove onto the Beacon Hills Preserve.

"Hey," Scott whined, "Kate turned me into a Berserker. I wasn't myself."

The horrid night in the ruins in Mexico came flooding back to her and she stared, unblinkingly, at Liam's hand in her's. No one really said anything about that night, not since what happened with Aspen and her powers, which were still a mystery.

Liam's thumb traced her hand in random patterns, attempting to soothe her, and it worked, which didn't surprise her. He had a knack for doing that.

"Speaking of girlfriends," Aspen tried to change the subject, "Have you heard from our foxy friend?"

Scott looked up from his phone as Stiles screeched to a stop near the Beacon Hills overlook. "Not lately no," he frowned, "I texted her before she got on the plane."

"How was her summer? Hopefully like ours?" Stiles asked, opening the door for Aspen and helping her out.  She didn't really need it, but it had become a habit for she and Stiles- it was kind of their thing.

"Yep," Scott replied, "Supernatural free; well, except for the show. Kira's obsessed." Aspen almost laughed at that, but a wave of sadness washed over her, engulfing that humor, as she realized how much she missed the tiny kitsune.